Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar will NOT be fired

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Cohen is counting on Michael Porter Jr being a major draw for ticket sales. Look at the lines for Nathan Hale games. People are waiting in line outside on a cold January night for 3 hours for a chance to get into the tiny GHS gym. The Metro tourney has been relocated to Hec Ed to accommodate the demand.

She will not risk losing him and the money he will bring to the AD on top of paying Romar's buyout and hiring a replacement.

I truly think our best hope is Porter willing the team to the tourney next year so Romar can retire on a relative high note.

Comments

• Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cohen is counting on Michael Porter Jr being a major draw for ticket sales. Look at the lines for Nathan Hale games. People are waiting in line outside on a cold January night for 3 hours for a chance to get into the tiny GHS gym. The Metro tourney has been relocated to Hec Ed to accommodate the demand.

She will not risk losing him and the money he will bring to the AD on top of paying Romar's buyout and hiring a replacement.

I truly think our best hope is Porter willing the team to the tourney next year so Romar can retire on a relative high note.

Yes, let's not forget Romar has done a lot for our program, he deserves to retire on a relative high note.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

I truly think our best hope is Porter exploding his ACLs in his first practice so that Washington can suck harder than ever next year.

Seems fitting, queue the "Cant fire Romar, the other Porter is coming" chants.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    I'll admit it. I want to see this shit show next year. If I cared more about UW basketball ...
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Yes, let's not forget Romar has done a lot for our program, he deserves to retire on a relative high note.

"Lorenzo’s body of work over his career here and what he’s done speaks for itself."

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Keep him. Given how shitty the team has been, but he put together an amazing class
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    So why not do this. Romar can clearly recruit. Have a sit down with him and say we're going to fire your a$$ unless you agree to let us bring in an offensive guru to run the offense. Find the best "coach in waiting" offensive genius type and make romar hand over the reigns. Jen has brass tits, she can pull this off.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nick Holt says "Hi"
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

I agree.

It's dumb to think Romar is going anywhere. Not only is the best player to come out of high school in awhile playing at UW. The overall class is exceptional.

Fultz might be the #1 pick but his recruiting class is shit. It's a lot different than this class coming in. The 2015 class overall is pretty terrible.

Porter Jr is incredible.

You really think the guys after Porter Jr are going to have a huge impact? Maybe one will be good.

The Murray/Chriss class was great, but we still sucked.
    Even one mast elite player like Porter Jr is not going to dominate with a subpar roster. The fronst court has nothing, the back court consists of crisp, the jettisoning of mekele, and at least one-two players will trasfer.

My guess is that johnson leaves. green leaves, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see thybulle leave. If you really want to get serious, someone calls timmons and reminds him he could play in theh WCC and he leaves.

Sorry, I just don't by that MJ-jr turns this team around to anything. The fundamentals of no defense, bigs, or understanding of when to shoot the ball has shown up all year. Add more frossh, less upper class. Rinse lather repeart.

I wish he'd get fired, but i've heard enough rumors on either side that i won't bother posting them. time will tell in another month.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When Fultz announces he's returning to reunite with his AAU clan and win a CHAMPIONSHIP! for UW, Romar will get the last laff
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

Romar is a shit coach. He deserves nothing. In his 15 years, the only time UW has been in the NCAAs is when Brandon Roy or Isaiah Thomas were on the team.

Show me a sales person who has missed their budget 6 years in a row and is still employed.
    *Quota.