Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on UW Basketball

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,915 Founders Club
We are a football school. Fuck off.

Comments

• Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    Can't we be both?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,915 Founders Club
    How many final fours have we been to? How many championships?

Football school.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,915 Founders Club
    I hate THAT gif because the DAWG gets HURT and I SUPPORT my DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

No. It was nice of Romar to win the PAC a couple times when the football team was a dumpster fire, but now that WE'RE BACK he can just go fuck off again.
    This. It was a nice distraction when we sucked. College basketball sucks so I don't even really care.
  • RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117

Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

No. It was nice of Romar to win the PAC a couple times when the football team was a dumpster fire, but now that WE'RE BACK he can just go fuck off again.
    This. It was a nice distraction when we sucked. College basketball sucks so I don't even really care.
    College basketball is the fucking worst now. Everything is called so tight and romar is the fucking worst coach i have ever seen. I would rather watch sark vs a bottle of booze then uw basketball right now.
  • RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    But seriously though I heard from a source that romar fucked jenc so I don't think there is a chance he is let go.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

College basketball is the fucking worst now. Everything is called so tight and romar is the fucking worst coach i have ever seen. I would rather watch sark vs a bottle of booze then uw basketball right now.
    THIS.

The new rules they implemented over the last 2 or 3 seasons (I've stopped caring) have made cbb terrible. Ref ball can fuck off.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

THIS.

The new rules they implemented over the last 2 or 3 seasons (I've stopped caring) have made cbb terrible. Ref ball can fuck off.
    Isn't it mocking the NBA game though? I think the NBA is dreck as well, so it only makes sense that the college game would suffer too.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Im not making excuses for Romar but it really fucked his suffocating on ball defense in the ass with these rules. I hate college basketball as well now. It's more of a free throw and 3 point contest now like the NBA.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

THIS.

Isn't it mocking the NBA game though? I think the NBA is dreck as well, so it only makes sense that the college game would suffer too.
    It's trying to emulate the NBA (and the NFL to a certain extent) by passing a bunch of rules to encourage offense and make it tougher on defense, but the problem is the players aren't as good.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Swaye said:

Can't we be both?

THIS.

It's trying to emulate the NBA (and the NFL to a certain extent) by passing a bunch of rules to encourage offense and make it tougher on defense, but the problem is the players aren't as good.