Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joel Embiid

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Best young player in the game. I've been watching 76ers games on league pass just to watch him. The 76ers would make the playoffs if they played him 32-34 min instead of 25. It's smart to keep him restricted to get a better draft pick to continue to improve the team.

I hope his body holds up. Unfortunately it probably won't. The 76ers could become a real challenger fairly soon if Simmons is legit and they make a couple of moves.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Minnesota was also supposed to be a sleeping giant. People forget that the sixers and t-wolves are ran as well as the browns and rams. They each could have three first round picks next year and still not sniff the playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Minnesota was also supposed to be a sleeping giant. People forget that the sixers and t-wolves are ran as well as the browns and rams. They each could have three first round picks next year and still not sniff the playoffs.

This is true. However, the 76ers play in the East and would already make it if they really wanted to.

Embiid and Simmons are a great pairing on paper. Simmons can really pass. They have the type of big guys to really exploit the downsizing league. I would bet on them before the Timberwolves although Minnesota should improve as well.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Lets not forget the sixers have the right to swap picks with the Kings this year. I think the 76ers will make the playoffs and will have a lottery pick to add to this team. Also they going to get Ben Simmons back after the all star break.

Finally an NBA team does things right. Tank until you get a legit star and than build a team around them. So many organizations have pretty good teams but have no chance to win the ring.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lets not forget the sixers have the right to swap picks with the Kings this year. I think the 76ers will make the playoffs and will have a lottery pick to add to this team. Also they going to get Ben Simmons back after the all star break.

Finally an NBA team does things right. Tank until you get a legit star and than build a team around them. So many organizations have pretty good teams but have no chance to win the ring.

They did it shitty still. They have 3 centers. It would have went better if Embiid wasn't hurt for two years but they could have done it much better and were such a disaster for four years that it's still hard to compliment them other than noticing Embiid is a monster.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    To be fair the 13/14/15 drafts were not all that good, but I think they took the best route by taking BPA.

The 2013 draft had the Greek Freak (Best player in the class by far) and Gobert (drafted late first). Otherwise the whole draft has a bunch of role players and busts. Can't really fault the Sixers for their picks.

The 2014 draft they got the best player (Embiid). Had it not been for his foot injury he would have went #1 overall.

The 2015 draft had a lot of talent and they got the number 3 pick. Towns is probably going to be the best player and he went #1. If they landed the first pick a Towns/Embiid can work. Otherwise you have Prozingis (really good player and maybe will challenge Towns as the best player in the draft class but I would rather have Embiid). I don't think Embiid and Prozingis can play together. In hindsight they should have drafted Booker who is really good and will only get better. Okafor was the correct pick at the time but he just has not developed. Is another brook Lopez who can score in the paint but does not contribute much else.

If they land a top 5 pick this year (through the Kings) they will have a contender going forward (assuming everyone stays healthy which is a big if). Embiid/Simmons/Top 5 pick is a great core. Covington is a very good 3&D player that any championship type team needs to have. They have other first round picks as well to add depth to their roster.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

To be fair the 13/14/15 drafts were not all that good, but I think they took the best route by taking BPA.

The 2013 draft had the Greek Freak (Best player in the class by far) and Gobert (drafted late first). Otherwise the whole draft has a bunch of role players and busts. Can't really fault the Sixers for their picks.

The 2014 draft they got the best player (Embiid). Had it not been for his foot injury he would have went #1 overall.

The 2015 draft had a lot of talent and they got the number 3 pick. Towns is probably going to be the best player and he went #1. If they landed the first pick a Towns/Embiid can work. Otherwise you have Prozingis (really good player and maybe will challenge Towns as the best player in the draft class but I would rather have Embiid). I don't think Embiid and Prozingis can play together. In hindsight they should have drafted Booker who is really good and will only get better. Okafor was the correct pick at the time but he just has not developed. Is another brook Lopez who can score in the paint but does not contribute much else.

If they land a top 5 pick this year (through the Kings) they will have a contender going forward (assuming everyone stays healthy which is a big if). Embiid/Simmons/Top 5 pick is a great core. Covington is a very good 3&D player that any championship type team needs to have. They have other first round picks as well to add depth to their roster.

Not to mention they will get a nice piece or pick for Noel.
  • Options
    Fantastic troll on social media as well