Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN's top 25 returning Pac-12 players

2»

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    dongman said:

A punter? Fuck off

HEY ... that's our offense you're talking about, back off.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fuck these lists that don't include Gaines.

He's always excluded. I couldn't even tell you which DL out of the three was best last year, but Gaines never gets any love.
    I agree with splitskin. He MAY not be the all around athlete that the other two are (or maybe that's racial bias talking but damn he's a lunch pail type and welcome to my sister/daughter). I'd pick him first of the three though if starting a team. He'd be the first Husky I picked.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

Gaines is an absolute beast and it is a shame that nobody seems to notice this guy.

Hope they continue, I want him to return for his senior year. Given our fuck up with marlon. We are very light on DT after next year.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

would @BearsWiin care to explain why all the Cal players are missing from the list?

Cal STILL too high
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    chuck said:

chuck said:

He's always excluded. I couldn't even tell you which DL out of the three was best last year, but Gaines never gets any love.
    I agree with splitskin. He MAY not be the all around athlete that the other two are (or maybe that's racial bias talking but damn he's a lunch pale type and welcome to my sister/daughter). I'd pick him first of the three though if starting a team. He'd be the first Husky I picked.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I love Victor but he's not the 2nd best player in the conference. I would probably rank Adams and Vea ahead of him.

It's somewhat subjective though. All three are really good.

Adams I agree but not Vea. Just don't see him consistent enough yet. I expect a huge year this year from him.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I agree with splitskin. He MAY not be the all around athlete that the other two are (or maybe that's racial bias talking but damn he's a lunch pail type and welcome to my sister/daughter). I'd pick him first of the three though if starting a team. He'd be the first Husky I picked.
    Pics?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    I also think Gaines was the most consistent of the DTs. He wasnt really splashy but he gets the job done and is a monster at stopping the run. Vea made more splashy highlight reel plays (for a DT).

Did it seem like Qualls disappeared a lot to anyone else? I honestly dont think I can remember a single play where he stood out to me.

I also think Gaines was the most consistent of the DTs. He wasnt really splashy but he gets the job done and is a monster at stopping the run. Vea made more splashy highlight reel plays (for a DT).

Did it seem like Qualls disappeared a lot to anyone else? I honestly dont think I can remember a single play where he stood out to me.

This is new. Hating players AFTER they leave?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Bierria is criminally underrated. Guy was a top 10 player in the conference in 2016, and will be in the top 5 next year. We were able to withstand the loss of Victor because we had Bierria in the middle who could run sideline to sideline, and still fuck people up at the LOS despite his smaller fame. For all you hawks fags out there, he's a Bobby Wagner clone.

Bierria belongs on this list, but Bobby Wagner is 240 plus, ran a 4.46, and had 133 and 147 tackles his junior and senior year.

Bierria is a good athlete. Wagner is an elite one. Wagner is bigger, faster, and simply a lot better.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

This is new. Hating players AFTER they leave?
    who said I hate him? He just seemed very average
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912

chuck said:

I think it is because they keep him locking down the middle and eating up double teams while the Vea and Qualls also got to spend time to the outside benefitting from his talent. And oh yeah. He white.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,239 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Gaines is an absolute beast and it is a shame that nobody seems to notice this guy.

TV camera men seem to notice him. Commentators too. Coaches named him Front 7 Man of the Year. Odd how our own "experts" on Doogman etc. ignore the shit out of him. Definitely the most consistent. Eats double teams and beats them. Never gets blown out and rarely moved at all.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,982 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

TV camera men seem to notice him. Commentators too. Coaches named him Front 7 Man of the Year. Odd how our own "experts" on Doogman etc. ignore the shit out of him. Definitely the most consistent. Eats double teams and beats them. Never gets blown out and rarely moved at all.
    And his family refers to him as Lumpy.