Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lake Staying???

124»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,083
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not long before Pappy Waldorf gets credit for this
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not long before Pappy Waldorf gets credit for this

I was there! I just remember the Cal boys eating the double Dong dildo foot long hot dogs.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Always have. Always will.

Simple fact.

Always have? Hmmm you remember what last year of football only.
    Great Holiday Bowl win 10 years ago.
    Thanks!... Nice getting your ass kicked by Alabama.. I thought you had a chance for the first 5 mins.
    I'm an Alabama fan, but UW won your conference. No room to talk IMO.
    You are an Alabama fan on a Huskies board with the name PurpleJ... Ok well congrats on losing the nation championship. If we don't get Lake we will come take Tosh fuck face.
    Are you gonna hire Saban instead of Wilcox? Didn't think so. No proven coach wants to go to your shit program. Case closed. End of story.
    I know your* being sarktastic, but both Wilcox and Baldwin are proven coaches.
    Having Cooper Kupp and Bo-Jangles Whatever as QB doesn't make a proven coach.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

Thanks!... Nice getting your ass kicked by Alabama.. I thought you had a chance for the first 5 mins.
    You are an Alabama fan on a Huskies board with the name PurpleJ... Ok well congrats on losing the nation championship. If we don't get Lake we will come take Tosh fuck face.
    Are you gonna hire Saban instead of Wilcox? Didn't think so. No proven coach wants to go to your shit program. Case closed. End of story.
    I think that Baldwin did a good job at Eastern and is a decent offensive coach.

The issue with Cal though isn't offense (pretty sure they were #1 in the conference in scoring when we played them). There teams pretty consistently put up 40+ under Dykes... they just gave up 50+ at the same time.

The question will of course be Wilcox and what he can do defensively behind Lake or whoever is hired as DC. Wilcox had OK defenses here but like Sark the defenses wilted in big time games. Part of that was probably due to Sark being a offensive dumbfuck and giving the defense no rest and the other offense way too many possessions.

But look at what Wilcoxs defense did in the Big 10 championship game.

I'd take Wilcox over Dykes for sure though. Dykes was like a Mike Leach lite.
  • Options
    jamtoftjamtoft Member Posts: 118
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Lake just retweeted a Brandon McKinney tweet FYI. Probably not a good sign for Cal
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

The issue with Cal though isn't offense (pretty sure they were #1 in the conference in scoring when we played them). There teams pretty consistently put up 40+ under Dykes... they just gave up 50+ at the same time.

The question will of course be Wilcox and what he can do defensively behind Lake or whoever is hired as DC. Wilcox had OK defenses here but like Sark the defenses wilted in big time games. Part of that was probably due to Sark being a offensive dumbfuck and giving the defense no rest and the other offense way too many possessions.

I wish he was like a Mike Leach lite. Man we could score, but I have never seen such bad defense. I think Wilcox will have our Defense playing much better, but we have no big DT/NT type DL. Our line last year was 250, 275, 285, 265... We then followed that up by only playing 2 LBs and were shocked we couldn't stop the run at all.

The switch the 3-4 Def is a must. IMO it is the best type of Def for college football. While a lot of people think we are light on LBs that just isnt' the case. Most of our DEs are way to light and would probably be more successful as an 3-4 OLB. Saffle, Weaver, etc. Looney at only 275 lbs is actually probably a dominate 3-4 DE. the problem we have is we don't have a monster NT like Vea.... I am typing all of this up and realize no one gives fuck... hahaha oh well.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jamtoft said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

I wish he was like a Mike Leach lite. Man we could score, but I have never seen such bad defense. I think Wilcox will have our Defense playing much better, but we have no big DT/NT type DL. Our line last year was 250, 275, 285, 265... We then followed that up by only playing 2 LBs and were shocked we couldn't stop the run at all.

The switch the 3-4 Def is a must. IMO it is the best type of Def for college football. While a lot of people think we are light on LBs that just isnt' the case. Most of our DEs are way to light and would probably be more successful as an 3-4 OLB. Saffle, Weaver, etc. Looney at only 275 lbs is actually probably a dominate 3-4 DE. the problem we have is we don't have a monster NT like Vea.... I am typing all of this up and realize no one gives fuck... hahaha oh well.
    Leach is dreck.
    HTH
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jamtoft said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

No one cares.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BearsWiin said:

Baseman said:

BearsWiin said:

Baseman said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

Sounds like after 100 yards, Cal wants to have a football program.

Dare we use the "D" word?
    Fix the "Y" word first
    Ill choose football over auto correct every time (check your time stamp son)
    Does your* phone not have an apostrophe key?
    I'm old and my fingers are fat
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jamtoft said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

You need a lot more than a NT like Vea.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jamtoft said:

JECAR said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

Holy fuck you are a giant faggot.

I wouldn't waste my piss if you were on fire....
    Oh man the piss on fire insult... damn I am getting under your skins!
    I've got something that will mellow you out man.

• Options

jamtoft said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

jamtoft said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal sucks at football.

Simple fact.

You need a lot more than a NT like Vea.
    True, but I meant in the sense that transition from a 4-2-5 with small DL to a 3-4 isn't so bad if you had a true NT. Those smaller DT transition out nicely to good size 3-4 DEs. Our mobile, but light DEs transition out nicely to Rush backers. Where a team like us would lack in transition is NT is all I meant and a beast like Vea would make any team much better. That guy is incredible and should have went into the draft!

If we had a better Def last year we would of had a good chance to be 8-4. Obviously things change if our Def was better and outcomes would be different, but give us Vea to help stop the run and switched to a 3-4 with better Def coaching and we weren't that far off.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Looks like Lake out recruiting for UW. Does not sound good for Cal. Who is the next person on the list for the DC job?
  • Options

Looks like Lake out recruiting for UW. Does not sound good for Cal. Who is the next person on the list for the DC job?

I will just say this.. If Jimmy Lake was officially staying you don't think Washington would be putting out notice to everyone that he isn't going anywhere. He still has a job to do.
  • Options
    jamtoft said:

I will just say this.. If Jimmy Lake was officially staying you don't think Washington would be putting out notice to everyone that he isn't going anywhere. He still has a job to do.
    I don't think that's Peterman's style. He likes to keep all the housekeeping type a shit in-house. If someone was leaving, then they would have put out a statement. He runs tight fucking ship, he will share least amount info with the people outside the program.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jamtoft said:

your powers of deduction are truly astonishing
  • Options
    I guess we will see
  • Options
    jamtoft said:

I guess we will see

Are people plan on transferring from Cal with the new coaching staff? U guys need to fix the roster balance, doesn't call have like 20 WR on the team?
  • Options

jamtoft said:

I guess we will see

Are people plan on transferring from Cal with the new coaching staff? U guys need to fix the roster balance, doesn't call have like 20 WR on the team?
    No we only have 12 Schollie WRs of which 2 are actually TEs. They were counting walk ons and such. I haven't heard anyone leaving... yet. Everyone actually seems pretty excited with the new staff. Sonny was wasn't close to the players that much so most either didn't really care or were happy. Now Spav, Peeler, and Jones leaving were kind of a big deal, but Wilcox is a players coach and everyone seems good right now. Greatwood so far has been well liked.