Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake to Cal

Comments

• Options
    jamtoftjamtoft Member Posts: 118
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

droski said:

jamtoft said:

jamtoft said:

jamtoft said:

Cal loses its third commit of the weekend: DB Tyriq Hardimon reopens recruitment Cal loses both of its defensive back prospects.
    by Avinash Kunnath@avinashkunnath Jan 15, 2017, 3:25pm PST
    http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2017/1/15/14280452/tyriq-hardimon-california-golden-bears-football-recruiting-decommit

Well we already locked in CB Elijah Hicks who we stole from ND. Hardimon and Godfrey won't feel like losses when they are replaced with McKinney, Taylor, and Molden.
    Yup they are going to decommit from a playoff team to go to a perennial 5 win team!
    Hahaha you went to one playoff. Much more a fluke than something that will happen all the time. I don't think you know what perennial means.
    Cal is always around 5-6 wins every fucking year
    Since 2000 Cal has had a 5 or 6 win season 3 times out of the 17 years.

Since 2000 Cal has had 10 winning seasons while Washington has also had 10. Again maybe you don't understand the word perennial.
    Sonny.Fucking.Dikes and Justin.Wlicox... so a lot of Sven win seasons?
    I find it hilarious you are bashing cal, but have marshawn lynch in your avatar. self hate is a bitch isn't it?
    Marshawn is one of the best players in Seahawk history... fuck off fag.
    Oh is this a Seahawk's site? Hey I don't blame you... Lynch is the man. I know we see him all the time on Cal's campus.
  • Options
    jamtoftjamtoft Member Posts: 118
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    DawgFader said:

MisterEm said:

DawgFader said:

Small victory #1. Cal has a nice Aquatic Center.

UW has their own hatchery Chinook and steelhead run.
    Cal Athletics summed up in a picture...
    That looks like a pool not a Lake
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's kind of funny that a year ago, Wilcox was run out of USC. If Sark wasn't fired, Wilcox would have been fired to save his job. Their fans hated him.

He goes to Wisconsin, gets a loaded defense that was already good. Their old DC became one of the highest paid coordinators at LSU. They also play in the Big 10 which is the most offensively inept league. Wilcox spends one year there and gets a head coaching job.

It's cute that you think he got the HC job based on one year at Wiscy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

It's kind of funny that a year ago, Wilcox was run out of USC. If Sark wasn't fired, Wilcox would have been fired to save his job. Their fans hated him.

He goes to Wisconsin, gets a loaded defense that was already good. Their old DC became one of the highest paid coordinators at LSU. They also play in the Big 10 which is the most offensively inept league. Wilcox spends one year there and gets a head coaching job.

I get that he has Cal connections from coaching there, but it's cute that you don't think it played a large role.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755

Shhhhhhhh! What are you doing, Roady? Let them believe in unicorns. Fuck!

We got Wilcox saying "I'm excited to recruit the type of guy that fits the profile of Cal." I.e., perennially mediocre teams with some decent skill players on offense. Perfect.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Is everybody going to use "cute" in this thread?
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

I get that he has Cal connections from coaching there, but it's cute that you don't think it played a large role.
    Played a role, sure. But he's done well wherever he's not been working for a philandering Patron-swilling con artist. That includes Cal, BSU, UT, and Wiscy.
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

It's cute that your* concerned about this
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

1. Being overjoyed and fist pumping everyone because his team won nine games and that it only took UW a mere five seasons to reach that mark. Still makes me laugh.

He was probably well aware of what an accomplishment it was to win 9!!!!, given that the team was run by a philandering Patron-swilling con artist.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

I really do have no life
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

I really do have no life
    YOU have no life? I came home early from the gym to watch the Cal press conference live online.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

I really do have no life
    YOU have no life? I came home early from the gym to watch the Cal press conference live online.
    At least you went to the gym.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

I really do have no life
    I fucking laffed.
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:

I really do have no life
    They installed some new equipment yesterday, including a cable machine with a bunch of different pull-up grips. Very happy about this because now I don't have to switch rooms whenever I want to do weighted pull-ups.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Played a role, sure. But he's done well wherever he's not been working for a philandering Patron-swilling con artist. That includes Cal, BSU, UT, and Wiscy.
    We have had this argument here before, but the Tennessee defenses were not very good. They did fall off a cliff once he left.

I think he's a pretty good, but not great DC. Baldwin as the OC is a good hire. It beats having Dykes but you seem to be getting out in front of your skis a little bit.
  • Options
    droski said:

droski said:

jamtoft said:

jamtoft said:

jamtoft said:

Cal loses its third commit of the weekend: DB Tyriq Hardimon reopens recruitment Cal loses both of its defensive back prospects.
    by Avinash Kunnath@avinashkunnath Jan 15, 2017, 3:25pm PST
    http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2017/1/15/14280452/tyriq-hardimon-california-golden-bears-football-recruiting-decommit

Well we already locked in CB Elijah Hicks who we stole from ND. Hardimon and Godfrey won't feel like losses when they are replaced with McKinney, Taylor, and Molden.
    Yup they are going to decommit from a playoff team to go to a perennial 5 win team!
    Hahaha you went to one playoff. Much more a fluke than something that will happen all the time. I don't think you know what perennial means.
    Cal is always around 5-6 wins every fucking year
    Since 2000 Cal has had a 5 or 6 win season 3 times out of the 17 years.

Since 2000 Cal has had 10 winning seasons while Washington has also had 10. Again maybe you don't understand the word perennial.
    Sonny.Fucking.Dikes and Justin.Wlicox... so a lot of Sven win seasons?
    I find it hilarious you are bashing cal, but have marshawn lynch in your avatar. self hate is a bitch isn't it?
    Marshawn is one of the best players in Seahawk history... fuck off fag.
    how does cal's balls taste?
    do*