Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Salary Cap

I have a really dumb idea, but I would like to discuss the ramifications. What would happen if all the AD's got together and put a Salary cap together for Head coaches and staffs. As a capitalist I am against this, but with rising athletic budgets it seems the only way possible to achieve parity within college athletics. If coaching salaries start out running scholarship costs, I think we are in an unsustainable arms race involving 128 "non-profit" education institutions.

You'll never guess where this was posted.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If coaching salaries start out running scholarship costs, I think we are in an unsustainable arms race involving 128 "non-profit" education institutions.

CHRIST.

Nick Saban alone makes more than his entire roster of players gets in scholarship costs.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I have a really dumb idea, but I would like to discuss the ramifications. What would happen if all the AD's got together and put a Salary cap together for Head coaches and staffs. As a capitalist I am against this, but with rising athletic budgets it seems the only way possible to achieve parity within college athletics. If coaching salaries start out running scholarship costs, I think we are in an unsustainable arms race involving 128 "non-profit" education institutions.

You'll never guess where this was posted.

At least they know it's a FS idea
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You mean salary caps, revenue sharing and expense control like in the highly profitable NFL and NBA?!?

Yeah...that would be FS.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Molding young men should be the lone desire for anyone who gets in to coaching. Not a dollar amount. I support this 100 per cent
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I . What would happen if all the AD's got together and put a Salary cap together for Head coaches and staffs

There would be rampant cheating, illegal payments, massive bending of rules...

Kind of like now only moreso...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I get the idea of what the person was thinking ...

But it's also not realistic.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If coaching salaries start out running scholarship costs, I think we are in an unsustainable arms race involving 128 "non-profit" education institutions.

CHRIST.

Nick Saban alone makes more than his entire roster of players gets in scholarship costs.

Are you talking actual scholarship costs or the actual value of an Alabama degree?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

CHRIST.

Are you talking actual scholarship costs or the actual value of an Alabama degree?
    Actual scholarship costs
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If we're gonna have a coachs salary cap, we should have a high school to collage player draft too!