Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mathis...

Does anyone have updates on Mathis' situation? Is he going to recover in time for UW Pro day? His position in the upcoming draft? Will he even get drafted?

I did some minor sleuthing and think if he's well and does Pro Day, he could be a mid-round pick.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Does anyone have updates on Mathis' situation? Is he going to recover in time for UW Pro day? His position in the upcoming draft? Will he even get drafted?

I did some minor sleuthing and think if he's well and does Pro Day, he could be a mid-round pick.

Thoughts?

Based on his instagram he looks all healed up.

He is at best a 7th round pick. There is just not enough tape on him. He looked mediocre for the first 4 games and for the last 2 games he looked like a fucking god.

He needs to have great pro day. I am pretty sure he will be invited to the NFL combine. I would be shocked if he gets drafted anytime before 6th round.

I am certain that he will make a NFL roster. Too much talent. He will be great value pick.

I feel bad for the kid, had he stayed healthy he probably would have been a 3-4th pick.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I heard Joe Mathis had to leave the team to run an underground cocaine ring that operates out of the Denny's off the 128th exit in Everett. Apparently the Russians held his pregnant fiancé hostage and forced him to leave the team, so don't buy the whole injury thing.

Again, just what I'm hearing.

Again with the Russians with you
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Great find and excellent breakdown.

I'd be very surprised if Mathis wasn't gone by the 5th round, he could be a back-up rush OLB his first year and maybe 2nd but could be a starter by his 2nd or 3rd year. Some team may value him more and pick him in the 4th or perhaps even 3rd.
    Mad_Son said:
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What does his long time agent have to say about his bilateral foot surgery
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Jake played with 3 cracked vertebrae but he was willing to put it on the line and do everything to help his team win

Fuck mathis
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

phineas said:

Jake played with 3 cracked vertebrae but he was willing to put it on the line and do everything to help his team win

Fuck mathis

If he really wanted to win he would have taken himself out of the game
    But still
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Healing up from talking to agents isn't a difficult thing to do.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mathis will make a NFL roster! Maybe Cable can make him the next great Seahawk OL.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I heard Joe Mathis had to leave the team to run an underground cocaine ring that operates out of the Denny's off the 128th exit in Everett. Apparently the Russians held his pregnant fiancé hostage and forced him to leave the team, so don't buy the whole injury thing.

Again, just what I'm hearing.

I can confirm.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got into a fist fight with my roommate right outside that Dennys one time, about 12 years ago. We both swung and missed a good 4 times each before a cop pulled up and asked us if everything was ok. We said yes and proceeded back to the apartment to finish the fight.

Not my best night.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    phineas said:

I got into a fist fight with my roommate right outside that Dennys one time, about 12 years ago. We both swung and missed a good 4 times each before a cop pulled up and asked us if everything was ok. We said yes and proceeded back to the apartment to finish the fight.

Not my best night.

Who won?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam