Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Football: Huskies only one step away from Super Elite Status

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Voted down for the use of "Super Elite". I mean WTF. The Huskies have a very good football team, but they are "elite" nowhere, let alone "Super Elite". "Super Elite" teams come along maybe once in a generation or two, they don't lose football games and they aren't truly tested by even the best of their contemporaries. It would even be a stretch to put the '91 Dawgs in that group based on their performance against Cal alone. The participation trophy generation has apparently bled over to prior generations, can we please stop it's progress and halt the hyperbole already.

The fact is this Husky team just played a team with an elite defense and head coach (but lacking an elite offense), and they lost the game soundly. Penn State just hung 49 on USC. UW managed a mere 13 points against them. The problem with the Huskies right now is a lack of "physicality" (physically and mentally) on the offensive side of the ball, plain and fucking simple, with Brownshorts leading the lack thereof. That side of the ball has to man the fuck up or this team will be no better than Oregon has been, never winning the big one against the kind of physical teams UW used to measure up against. UW needs to be USC north again, and they're not there yet. The defense is close, but the offense is behind by a country fucking mile, a bunch of front running candy asses.

At this point, I'm on the Petersen bandwagon, only because his three year progress has shown he can build a winning program, and because it appears he has the defense headed in the right direction, but this team is not going to break through until it starts recruiting and developing the kind of nasty assed O-line and big game ready quarterbacks James used to field. It's that "simple". Do that and they may become "elite". Super elite? Christ on a crutch.

You really need to send @IrishDawg22 a PM
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ROTFLMMFAO!

Please stay, @Crimsonite1.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2017

Who the fuck wears pajamas?

No wonder you can't get laid. Jesus.

That analogy just sucks ass.

I was over the Alabama loss within 3-4 hours after the game.

Same here, but I don't think it's because I've lost passion. I think it's because our team exceeded expectations this year and gave us all kinds of hope for the future.

In other words, losing to Alabama was like asking for a Nintendo Switch for Christmas, getting a Nintendo Switch and an Xbox One, and then hoping that last big present was a PS4, but finding out that it's really just a pair of pajama pants that your parents wrapped in a big box with rocks in it. Disappointing? Absolutely...we all have plenty of pairs of pajama pants, so it's kind of bullshit that family members keep buying us more pairs because they couldn't think of anything else to buy us. But it's okay, because I got more than I asked for. But every Christmas from here on out that I don't get that PS4 is going to hurt me more and more. That's because the PS4 is the best console out right now.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

To be blunt and transparent (as I almost always am with you guys), this season was fun and I enjoyed it. But I never did regain the passion I had before. I was over the Alabama loss within 3-4 hours after the game. Prior to the Willingham/Sark/Emmert stuff, it would have taken me 5-7 days to recover.

My lack of passion is reflected in some of my writing here. I know it. One of my goals for 2017 is to regain that feeling or at least find a way to inject more energy into my writing on this site. It can only help Hardcore Husky to have me writing entertaining articles on a regular basis. But when it feels more like an obligation and chore instead of something that gets me excited, that's not an optimal place to be in terms of production.

I've got high hopes for this site to grow but I/we need to make sure it grows in the right way.

Welcome to the process called aging.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Only thing that is Elite with UW is the defense. Offense is 2 d
    whuggy said:

To be blunt and transparent (as I almost always am with you guys), this season was fun and I enjoyed it. But I never did regain the passion I had before. I was over the Alabama loss within 3-4 hours after the game. Prior to the Willingham/Sark/Emmert stuff, it would have taken me 5-7 days to recover.

My lack of passion is reflected in some of my writing here. I know it. One of my goals for 2017 is to regain that feeling or at least find a way to inject more energy into my writing on this site. It can only help Hardcore Husky to have me writing entertaining articles on a regular basis. But when it feels more like an obligation and chore instead of something that gets me excited, that's not an optimal place to be in terms of production.

I've got high hopes for this site to grow but I/we need to make sure it grows in the right way.

THIS
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Only thing that is Elite with UW is the defense. Offense is 2 d

whuggy said:

THIS
    17-18 ppg is not elite. They are very good but not elite.

Bama has an elite defense. UW '91 had an elite defense (9 ppg).

Learn the difference.
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Like I said before the game, the trenches would be the deciding factor. Because Bama has so much depth, they were able to line up the best Dlineman in the country against an under sized guard. The Washington could have had Brady at QB and Rice and Megatron on the outside and it wouldn't have mattered because he wouldn't have had time consistently. Because Bama was getting pressure with 4 and occasionally 5, they had 5 DBS and a LB or two covering 3 or 4 depending on who stayed in to block. The numbers were in Bama's favor
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same here, but I don't think it's because I've lost passion. I think it's because our team exceeded expectations this year and gave us all kinds of hope for the future.

In other words, losing to Alabama was like asking for a Nintendo Switch for Christmas, getting a Nintendo Switch and an Xbox One, and then hoping that last big present was a PS4, but finding out that it's really just a pair of pajama pants that your parents wrapped in a big box with rocks in it. Disappointing? Absolutely...we all have plenty of pairs of pajama pants, so it's kind of bullshit that family members keep buying us more pairs because they couldn't think of anything else to buy us. But it's okay, because I got more than I asked for. But every Christmas from here on out that I don't get that PS4 is going to hurt me more and more. That's because the PS4 is the best console out right now.
    I liked it.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017

People who have a little thing called class.

Just because I'm not fucking your wife/girlfriend/mom/daughter anymore, doesn't mean I'm not getting laid.

No it doesn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Just because I'm not fucking your wife/girlfriend/mom/daughter anymore, doesn't mean I'm not getting laid.

No it doesn't.
    This reply, had it been serious, would have been nominated for the krisvashon retard of the year award, which you've won in the past I might add.

Fortunately, the hackneyed 80s cut-down reference to wife/girlfriend/etc. gave you away and reaffirmed my optimism that even a fucking retard can have a purposeful sense of humor.

Well done junior.

And, come on: droning on and on with that run-on pajama analogy was like licking the rim of a shitty asshole. Just stop already. You're fucking terrible at writing. Move on.
  • Options

I liked it.
    Of course you did; you're an idiot.
  • Options
    "Like I said before the game, the trenches would be the deciding factor."

Really? No shit? And they didn't invite you on TV to share that brilliant prediction?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Super Elite time slot; Late-night PAC12. Hand off to the Coug's and Duck's.
  • Options

No it doesn't.
    This reply, had it been serious, would have been nominated for the krisvashon retard of the year award, which you've won in the past I might add.

Fortunately, the hackneyed 80s cut-down reference to wife/girlfriend/etc. gave you away and reaffirmed my optimism that even a fucking retard can have a purposeful sense of humor.

Well done junior.

And, come on: droning on and on with that run-on pajama analogy was like licking the rim of a shitty asshole. Just stop already. You're fucking terrible at writing. Move on.

When people talk shit about me, I don't get mad. I get even. And when the gloves are off, you'll know. What does that mean? Well, that's for me to know and for you to find out.
    Shit, you really are showing up at the 7-11 aren't you?

Look, dude, I was just kidding. Don't get all hopped up now. It's just message board banter.

Are we OK?
  • Options

No it doesn't.

Well done junior.

When people talk shit about me, I don't get mad. I get even. And when the gloves are off, you'll know. What does that mean? Well, that's for me to know and for you to find out.
    Shit, you really are showing up at the 7-11 aren't you?

Look, dude, I was just kidding. Don't get all hopped up now. It's just message board banter.

Are we OK?
    Fuck off Coug!
    Doh!