Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Football: Huskies only one step away from Super Elite Status

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageWashington Football: Huskies only one step away from Super Elite Status

While critical questions remain, the top of the college football mountain
is within reach for the Washington Huskies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Danielson's thoughts of going deep were tied to stretching the defense to help open up the shorter and intermediate routes ...

Problem was when we tried to go deep there was nothing there ...

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Like Tequila said, bama attacked Nick Harris. That made it difficult to set up deep shots with little time to throw. Also J Smith dialing up plays with options for Jake to get out of trouble?

Eason would have not changed the outcome. We will what comes of that kid.
    Now Darnold? Could have been a game changer but even then Bama was applying so much pressure.

I'm sure someone will correct me but wasn't Zabransky a bigger kid that was reasonably mobile? I believe he also got hurt late in the year his senior season?

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Like Joe Flacco elite?

Why do you hate Trent Dilfer
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017

Voted down for the use of "Super Elite". I mean WTF. The Huskies have a very good football team, but they are "elite" nowhere, let alone "Super Elite". "Super Elite" teams come along maybe once in a generation or two, they don't lose football games and they aren't truly tested by even the best of their contemporaries. It would even be a stretch to put the '91 Dawgs in that group based on their performance against Cal alone. The participation trophy generation has apparently bled over to prior generations, can we please stop it's progress and halt the hyperbole already.

The fact is this Husky team just played a team with an elite defense and head coach (but lacking an elite offense), and they lost the game soundly. Penn State just hung 49 on USC. UW managed a mere 13 points against them. The problem with the Huskies right now is a lack of "physicality" (physically and mentally) on the offensive side of the ball, plain and fucking simple, with Brownshorts leading the lack thereof. That side of the ball has to man the fuck up or this team will be no better than Oregon has been, never winning the big one against the kind of physical teams UW used to measure up against. UW needs to be USC north again, and they're not there yet. The defense is close, but the offense is behind by a country fucking mile, a bunch of front running candy asses.

At this point, I'm on the Petersen bandwagon, only because his three year progress has shown he can build a winning program, and because it appears he has the defense headed in the right direction, but this team is not going to break through until it starts recruiting and developing the kind of nasty assed O-line and big game ready quarterbacks James used to field. It's that "simple". Do that and they may become "elite". Super elite? Christ on a crutch.

You mean like Nick Harris nasty + 40lbs?

You mean Frank Garcia nasty? Or Olin Kruetz nasty? Or Benji Nasty?

What kind of nasty are we talking?

Or ossai / Zajac nasty?

You mean like Hobart ready or like Brunell ready? Or like Flick ready or Moon ready?

Define ready QB. You mean like Pickett ready?

I guess we may have to wait for the Sorrell / Sirmon era?

Glad to hear you are on the Pete bandwagon.

• Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

imageWashington Football: Huskies only one step away from Super Elite Status

While critical questions remain, the top of the college football mountain
    is within reach for the Washington Huskies.

Read the full story here

Insert Neil Armstrong.walking.on.the moon.gif here.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Voted down for the use of "Super Elite". I mean WTF. The Huskies have a very good football team, but they are "elite" nowhere, let alone "Super Elite". "Super Elite" teams come along maybe once in a generation or two, they don't lose football games and they aren't truly tested by even the best of their contemporaries. It would even be a stretch to put the '91 Dawgs in that group based on their performance against Cal alone. The participation trophy generation has apparently bled over to prior generations, can we please stop it's progress and halt the hyperbole already.

The fact is this Husky team just played a team with an elite defense and head coach (but lacking an elite offense), and they lost the game soundly. Penn State just hung 49 on USC. UW managed a mere 13 points against them. The problem with the Huskies right now is a lack of "physicality" (physically and mentally) on the offensive side of the ball, plain and fucking simple, with Brownshorts leading the lack thereof. That side of the ball has to man the fuck up or this team will be no better than Oregon has been, never winning the big one against the kind of physical teams UW used to measure up against. UW needs to be USC north again, and they're not there yet. The defense is close, but the offense is behind by a country fucking mile, a bunch of front running candy asses.

At this point, I'm on the Petersen bandwagon, only because his three year progress has shown he can build a winning program, and because it appears he has the defense headed in the right direction, but this team is not going to break through until it starts recruiting and developing the kind of nasty assed O-line and big game ready quarterbacks James used to field. It's that "simple". Do that and they may become "elite". Super elite? Christ on a crutch.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

To be blunt and transparent (as I almost always am with you guys), this season was fun and I enjoyed it. But I never did regain the passion I had before. I was over the Alabama loss within 3-4 hours after the game. Prior to the Willingham/Sark/Emmert stuff, it would have taken me 5-7 days to recover.

My lack of passion is reflected in some of my writing here. I know it. One of my goals for 2017 is to regain that feeling or at least find a way to inject more energy into my writing on this site. It can only help Hardcore Husky to have me writing entertaining articles on a regular basis. But when it feels more like an obligation and chore instead of something that gets me excited, that's not an optimal place to be in terms of production.

I've got high hopes for this site to grow but I/we need to make sure it grows in the right way.

You need to learn how to be a doog again, Derek. Why no passion though?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One step away not from elite status, but from SUPER elite status. Flagged for being a superiority guy thread.