Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How you can help make Washington great again

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tired of Psalm Wooching? Want an upgrade over Nik Harris? BBK +2 inches and 30lbs? If so, read on. If not click off and keep your mouth shut.

Chances are you didn't just wake up one day and decide that your passion for Team A was suddenly worth forking over money to entice and reward student-athletes. If you haven't already grown up in your team's culture, you start going to games, first as a student, then a young alum, then a married alum, and then as a young family. You become a person everyone in your age group knows has enough money that a low-five-figure deduction wouldn't be missed.

One caveat. If you're stinking, filthy rich, a good athletic director or university fundraiser has already contacted you for above-board donations, and you likely won't get into the business of paying players. It's the guys with just about 10 or 15 grand to burn annually that usually become bag men.

"I think it took me seven years. I knew some guys. They knew some older guys. And before, I really didn't believe any of this happened. Then I start coming around different events, parties, tailgates. After a while one guy says, 'Oh hey, I know him. It's okay, he loves the [team],' and starts talking who needed to get what. And so I was a part of it. I wanted to be."

Once properly vetted, your money usually buys you first or secondhand access to information most fans (or journalists) would kill for: player run-ins with the law that go unreported, what certain coaches are really like, what kind of power an A.D. or president really has, and most importantly, who really is in charge of your football program.

For more, click
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Comments