Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In praise of Bob Gregory

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Many here have described the relative lack of healthy veteran talent in UW's LB unit this year. Feeney and Littleton left big shoes to fill in the offseason, then Mathis and Victor left even bigger ones to fill during the season. Coach Gregory just went 12 rounds with mighty Bammer surrounding Bierria with Ralph, Potsie and Richie at linebacker. And they held up remarkably well. Kwiatkowski and Lake deserve the credit they get. But I think the performance of Gregory's unit may be even more impressive. I look forward to seeing what he can do in future years with guys like Potoa'e, Williams, Eifler, Wellington, Ngata, and (hopefully) IPM.

We (?) are just getting started.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I've always thought Gregory should get some of the Jimmy NoBalls pussy. The guy has done a masterful job with the Sark holdovers and has brought in some guys who I think will be major studs as well.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

Many here have described the relative lack of healthy veteran talent in UW's LB unit this year. Feeney and Littleton left big shoes to fill in the offseason, then Mathis and Victor left even bigger ones to fill during the season. Coach Gregory just went 12 rounds with mighty Bammer surrounding Bierria with Ralph, Potsie and Richie at linebacker. And they held up remarkably well. Kwiatkowski and Lake deserve the credit they get. But I think the performance of Gregory's unit may be even more impressive. I look forward to seeing what he can do in future years with guys like Potoa'e, Williams, Eifler, Wellington, Ngata, and (hopefully) IPM.

We (?) are just getting started.

*Potato.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Incidentally, did anybody see O'Brien on the field even once vs Bammer? I didn't.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic

Obrien out injured. Hurt Vs WSU
    TTJ said:

Incidentally, did anybody see O'Brien on the field even once vs Bammer? I didn't.