Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Really Simple ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Needed to win turnover margin ... instead -2 for -10 points in 1st half

Bama dumbed down offense to be one read and run for Hurts ...

We were doing a lot of good things with motions and shifts working way down field ... TD to Pettis really well defined ...

Then we got greedy when 10-7 down at half with shit field position all half was ok ...

Nick Harris has gotten owned all half ... blitz on pick 6 was right at RG/C gap

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    greedy? we were at the 30 yard line when browning threw the pick
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's not a lot there on either run/pass ... Ross is not an option on any non crossing routes IMO because they are ALWAYS doubling over the top which allows squatting on shorter routes
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2016
    RUNNING THE FUCKING BALL IS A GOOD START
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

greedy? we were at the 30 yard line when browning threw the pick

With that field position 2 first downs = go into half down 3 and regroup ...

That being said Jake can't throw that ball
    That play was essentially the nail in our coffin.

Couldn't agree more with you about going into half down 10-7.

The reward wasn't worth the risk.

If you pop one for 15-20 yards via the run, then call a t.o. and go after points.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Needed to win turnover margin ... instead -2 for -10 points in 1st half

Bama dumbed down offense to be one read and run for Hurts ...

We were doing a lot of good things with motions and shifts working way down field ... TD to Pettis really well defined ...

Then we got greedy when 10-7 down at half with shit field position all half was ok ...

Nick Harris has gotten owned all half ... blitz on pick 6 was right at RG/C gap

McGary missed the read on this play. He looks to his left and he sees the blitzer. His man faded back and had the INT. That's a play made by an inexperienced OT.
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I keep seeing some of you all post that UW should have just kept running the ball. Do you think a 3 yard and a cloud of dust strategy would have worked in the 2nd half?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2017

I keep seeing some of you all post that UW should have just kept running the ball. Do you think a 3 yard and a cloud of dust strategy would have worked in the 2nd half?

You're on to Clemson. Thanks for the visiting. Now, fuck off and LEAVE!
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Had we run and gone in to half down 10-7 the score would have put more pressure on Bama to not fuck up. Freshman QB with that extra pressure would given us more of a shot. Doubt we would have been able to score though.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

Had we run and gone in to half down 10-7 the score would have put more pressure on Bama to not fuck up. Freshman QB with that extra pressure would given us more of a shot. Doubt we would have been able to score though.

We all knew SmithFS would strike.
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

True. I think if UW had stuck with the run and settle for 3 yards and a cloud of dust and moved the ball, it would have opened up the play action if it would have made us walk a safety up. We were able to stop UW's pass because we had two safeties over the top all night and dropped the LBs back in coverage.
    Our OC is a retarded monkey who always abandons the run at the first sign of trouble. We hope he catches on fire today.
    Not really. Bama was able to stop the run with the front 7 and get pressure with the down 4. With that being the case, Bama was able to drop 7 in coverage. With them being able to get pressure with the down 4 and some times 5, Washington had to commit an extra player or two to stop the pass rush in the TE and/or RB. With that being the case that left Washington with only 3 or 4 going out in routes being defended by 6 or 7. This made the windows for throws very small and made passing very hard.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

You're on to Clemson. Thanks for the visiting. Now, fuck off and LEAVE!
    Nah I'm going to stick around. I like this place
    I'd recommend Swayes Wigwam (We need to keep OUR Pirate Ship afloat). Derek, will help you with the arrangements.

In the interim, PM @IrishDawg22 to get dialed in and for a HH welcome kit.