Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Jake Browning

2»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Regardless of one's thoughts toward Jake, it seems absurd that he was being mentioned weekly as a Heisman hopeful.

His gaudy numbers against shit-tier opponents was impressive.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Jake is not much of a gamer. He doesn't come through. I noticed that first in last year's Cal loss. He should spend the offseason playing sandlot football and get some instincts. He did not have much time BUT HE DID HAVE about 3 seconds which is all the time the line is going to basically guarantee. He just didn't get the ball off in time.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'm inclined to say that I'm 81% convinced that Jake is a good enough QB to win a conference championship relatively consistently on the type of team that we have BUT not good enough to be a player on the national level UNLESS he's on a team where he can be a game manager behind a very strong run game ...

And we will never have the really strong run game over the next 2 years that he's at UW because the OL will not be at a national elite level

He's Ken Dorsey without the 2001 Canes. A true NFL QB is needed.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jake is not much of a gamer. He doesn't come through. I noticed that first in last year's Cal loss. He should spend the offseason playing sandlot football and get some instincts. He did not have much time BUT HE DID HAVE about 3 seconds which is all the time the line is going to basically guarantee. He just didn't get the ball off in time.

I actually think part of the problem is he is a gamer and doesn't recognize his limitations.

What makes him good also makes him suck.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I'm inclined to say that I'm 81% convinced that Jake is a good enough QB to win a conference championship relatively consistently on the type of team that we have BUT not good enough to be a player on the national level UNLESS he's on a team where he can be a game manager behind a very strong run game ...

And we will never have the really strong run game over the next 2 years that he's at UW because the OL will not be at a national elite level

He's Ken Dorsey without the 2001 Canes. A true NFL QB is needed.
    The reality is that we can look at the current defense level and say it is right there as a possible national elite with just some tweaking to improve

Offensively we have a conference championship caliber team ... but there is a gap across almost all positional groups to national elite
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The shitty thing is his problem seems to be all mental. There's really nothing you can do to improve that over the off season, is there?

A different cock to suck besides Smiff's?