Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

As good as this season was...

...it feels like all I can expect is sloppy seconds.

My expectations were exceeded this season. But, how fucking bad I wanted the first 13 win Husky season.

I like Petersen for many reasons, but if he wants to compete and win at the CFP level, two things are required. One, he needs to ditch the comfort of being an underdog spoiler and embrace becoming a brawling baller. Toughness with discipline. Two, he needs to fire Smith and recruit an OC of the same caliber as Kwiatkowski.

Comments

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

My expectations were exceeded this season. But, how fucking bad I wanted the first 13 win Husky season.

I like Petersen for many reasons, but if he wants to compete and win at the CFP level, two things are required. One, he needs to ditch the comfort of being an underdog spoiler and embrace becoming a brawling baller. Toughness with discipline. Two, he needs to fire Smith and recruit an OC of the same caliber as Kwiatkowski.

He needs to recruit like Bama.
    Given. But, until he does the two things I suggest, he won't be able to recruit like Bama. Who wants to come play for Jonathan Smith?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not impossible, but nobody really does. We need a Mariota, Luck, etc. That's the equalizer and more feasible than have Bama top to bottom talent.

None of the DL other than Qualls got a sniff from Bama. Same for the secondary except Budda.

Alabama is a factory and you combine that talent with a Saban and it's hard.gif. If we would have played A+ game we would have been right there.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

I didn't feel that way. Defense was balling. Getting Jaylen Johnson, Turpin, and Tevis to ball out is special coaching.

Browning is a boy. Need another Trey Adams or two on the OL.
    Wenatchee can only save the day so much.
    Shout out to Wenatchee
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

I didn't feel that way. Defense was balling. Getting Jaylen Johnson, Turpin, and Tevis to ball out is special coaching.

Browning is a boy. Need another Trey Adams or two on the OL.
    Wenatchee can only save the day so much.
    He wasn't perfect but him and McGary also had plays where they were the dominant man. Those guys can physically match up.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It's not impossible, but nobody really does. We need a Mariota, Luck, etc. That's the equalizer and more feasible than have Bama top to bottom talent.

None of the DL other than Qualls got a sniff from Bama. Same for the secondary except Budda.

Alabama is a factory and you combine that talent with a Saban and it's hard.gif. If we would have played A+ game we would have been right there.
    If the offense would have just been average, we? would have been right there.

The defense was lights fucking out.

Offense gave up 10 points.

But as the great Race Bannon said, great coaches know how many points they need to win.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

If the offense would have just been average, we? would have been right there.

The defense was lights fucking out.

Offense gave up 10 points.

But as the great Race Bannon said, great coaches know how many points they need to win.

We knew we couldn't let Bama get a defensive score. It also took pressure off Hurts.

McIntosh makes that tackle 9 out of 10. He didn't bring it because it looked like #9 was going down.

We were outclassed, but we didn't get dominated either. They were a lot of impressive moments.