Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaun Alexander is a Bama Guy and a Seattle Guy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2016
    I hated almost everything about the Holmgren era:

* Soft defenses EVERY year.

* Ugliest uniforms in NFL history.

* Shaun Alexander for many of the reasons already stated.

* Whiny Matthew "We want the ball and we're gonna score" Hasselbeck, who has a woman's voice.

* Dropped passes. And it wasn't just Stevens, it was multiple guys over multiple years who couldn't hang on. Stevens is only more well known because of the Super Bowl.

* Mike Holmgren not giving a shit anymore because he was going to take a sabbatical, resulting in a 4-12 record in 2008. And if you said anything critical about Holmgren that year, it was considered blasphemy because it was just one bad year, but then the very next year Jim Mora goes 4-12 in his FIRST year coaching the team, and is not only promptly fired, but becomes widely regarded as the worst head coach in Seahawks history.

* Front office letting Hutchinson escape, signing Shaun Alexander to a huge contract, and various other blunders.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "It was a little bit different because I was not used to – I guess no one is – no one's used to winning not being the goal. "

Wow. He sure fooled me. . ..
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Anyone who ever rooted for a team with Matt Hasselbeck on it should burn in hell.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091

Anyone who ever rooted for a team with Matt Hasselbeck on it should burn in hell.

I take smug solace in my disbelief.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I hated almost everything about the Holmgren era:

* Soft defenses EVERY year.

* Ugliest uniforms in NFL history.

* Shaun Alexander for many of the reasons already stated.

* Whiny Matthew "We want the ball and we're gonna score" Hasselbeck, who has a woman's voice.

* Dropped passes. And it wasn't just Stevens, it was multiple guys over multiple years who couldn't hang on. Stevens is only more well known because of the Super Bowl.

* Mike Holmgren not giving a shit anymore because he was going to take a sabbatical, resulting in a 4-12 record in 2008. And if you said anything critical about Holmgren that year, it was considered blasphemy because it was just one bad year, but then the very next year Jim Mora goes 4-12 in his FIRST year coaching the team, and is not only promptly fired, but becomes widely regarded as the worst head coach in Seahawks history.

* Front office letting Hutchinson escape, signing Shaun Alexander to a huge contract, and various other blunders.

It beat the Erickson and Flores eras. Zero winning seasons in those eight years.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Comes across as an even bigger vag than I remember. Yeah, I knew about the whole Tyrone thing.

But something's just off about this guy. He's like a passive-aggressive arrogant. Basically claiming he changed the Seahawk culture and takes credit for all that shit. Yet in the same breath say he's not bragging. Shut the fuck up. What a whiny bitch.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

I liked Matt Hasselbeck you fucking prick
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club
    These were the best Seahawk uniforms

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2016

Flagged for Alexander pic
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2016
    Mad_Son said:

tvoie said:

Didn't this asshole once score like 5 TDs in a game? For the life of me, I still don't understand how he was ever any good.

Walter Jones.
    Steve Hutchinson.
    Even puppy could have rolled behind that line.

FTG
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    Founders Club

I rooted for the Seahawks back then, but I still hated Hasselback and Alexander. Two giant cornballs. Fuck Holmgren Ruskell too. He's one of the worst GM's of all time.

Holmgren's shittiness as GM is the reason Ruskell was hired.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

I rooted for the Seahawks back then, but I still hated Hasselback and Alexander. Two giant cornballs. Fuck Holmgren Ruskell too. He's one of the worst GM's of all time.

He was the GM of the Browns. He's the worst.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    Founders Club

He was the GM of the Browns. He's the worst.
    I forgot about that.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

DJ upvoting his own post is awesomeness.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    Alexander got fatter and slower every year, while blaming others for his failures more and more each season. Fuck that guy, his lack of discipline, his lack of effort, and his whiny cunt attitude. Definition of a loser.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2016

You are so wrong that not even abusing your mod powers to up-vote your own post could save it from being hidden