Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Finally my SSDI scam is hooked up, received my first check. Do I go Butler Cabin or Swaye's Wigwam?

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Inspired by this excerpt for Derek's poast, I must prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
So we're back to where we were at previously. As it stands right now, we're funded through late May or June 2017. The next fundraiser is scheduled for August.

Our traffic numbers are really good but it is difficult finding advertisers who aren't bothered by our profanity and disturbing gifs. It has been recommended to me repeatedly to put rules into place to limit profanity and boorish behavior. I have been told that securing advertisers would then be a piece of cake. But that is one area I will not compromise. Our profanity and sophomoric hijinks, intermixed with knowledgeable football talk, is the DNA of our community. If you take that away and enforce strict rules, we become more or less like Dawgman.
Please, talk me through this difficult decision. I'm sacrificing a lot of Cheetos and meth, at least for a month.

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2016
    If you're giving up your drugs and snack foods for a donation, then you owe it to yourself to go big and do the Wigwam. You get access to the super secret board.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you're giving up your drugs and snack foods for a donation, then you owe it to yourself to go big and do the Wigwam. You get access to the super secret board.

No Butler Cabin board? What the fuck is Butler Cabin anyway?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You've never been inside Butler cabin?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogie said:

You've never been inside Butler cabin?

I don't even know what it is, so I probably haven't been inside.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ssdi scam? you're a ute fan (assuming from utah) so why no mlm?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    has Butler cabin ever been inside you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ssdi scam? you're a ute fan (assuming from utah) so why no mlm?

mlm around here predominantly involves a specific religion which I don't participate in.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't wigwam because I read this drivel at work. It'd be too easy to vision quest over to tonto's teepee.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ah, Butler Cabin is that Masters-Green Jacket thing. That little icon thing under @AEB gave it away. I searched Butler Cabin and of course kept getting this Masters bullshit. What the fuck is the connection to Worshington football? Golf isn't even a fucking sport.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    There is no such thing as the wig
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    These are not the droids you're looking for.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Okay, it's done. I guess I'm just waiting to clear the background check. Wigwam here I come. I forgot to ask about the hazing rituals?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

Okay, it's done. I guess I'm just waiting to clear the background check. Wigwam here I come. I forgot to ask about the hazing rituals?

I'm sorry, I never received a notification. I'll go take care of it.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

I'm sorry, I never received a notification. I'll go take care of it.
    CTFGD!
  • Options
    FawgNewsFawgNews Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

89ute said:

Ah, Butler Cabin is that Masters-Green Jacket thing. That little icon thing under @AEB gave it away. I searched Butler Cabin and of course kept getting this Masters bullshit. What the fuck is the connection to Worshington football? Golf isn't even a fucking sport.

Back in the heyday of the original Husky Half Brains website...

UW booster Bill Fleenor is a poster at Dawgman.com, where a lot of us originated from. Bill has a reputation for being an arrogant know-it-all when it comes to all things Husky Football, Dish Network and Field Turf. He also has been known to name drop.

Fleenor made some post in 2008 about some trip he made, and there was some references to taking a stroll in the moonlight by Butler Cabin.

So when @iDawg and @RaceBannon were doing the Husky Half Brains podcast, and we were going through the agony of Willingham's 0-12 season, Fleenor made some post on Dawgman.com about inside info he had heard. Race and iDawg started doing Fleenor updates, and while talking they would play the Masters theme in the background.
    I'm hearing that @DerekJohnson is writing (in a not technically gifted manner) a bit of revisionist history.

"UW fanbase is the SEC of the West" Demario Richard..