Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taylor Katoa

Katoa is a linebacker from Utah that visited last weekend. The idea was UW might take him because he's an LDS mission kid so he doesnt count for this recruiting class. USC's scout guy wrote an article on him that suggests 2 things

1- He keeps changing his mind over whether he'll go on a mission or not

2- As a result, Petersen and staff have told him "pool's closed"

He'll likely end up at Utah or SC.

Comments

• Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    The only LB from Utah I want is Jordan Lolohea
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My read is this:

1) We? wanted him early, but he didn't jump in the boat.

2) Then, like all these Mormon fucks, he starts telling everyone how he wants to go on his mission so everyone backs off (which they did).

3) Then, like all these Mormon fucks as the date approaches, somehow playing college football starts to outweigh riding a bike around Missouri and being told that your religion is for Satanist retards over and over.

4) We? got a million kids in the interim, so we were hoping he'd stick to his Mormon principles (they never do) and if he did, we'd have space for him (in '19) as a 20 year old entrant!

5) Because now he admits all the mission shit was BS (as it always is) schools like USC are getting involved because he's good (whereas when the mission was on the table it was us, Boise and Vandy).

6) He likes us but wants to start next year and never take his mission so we are like, 'sorry, no room for next year. Room in a couple years like we told you' and so now he's basically out.

so what was the point of even bringing him on an official this weekend then?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

My read is this:

2) Then, like all these Mormon fucks, he starts telling everyone how he wants to go on his mission so everyone backs off (which they did).

3) Then, like all these Mormon fucks as the date approaches, somehow playing college football starts to outweigh riding a bike around Missouri and being told that your religion is for Satanist retards over and over.

4) We? got a million kids in the interim, so we were hoping he'd stick to his Mormon principles (they never do) and if he did, we'd have space for him (in '19) as a 20 year old entrant!

5) Because now he admits all the mission shit was BS (as it always is) schools like USC are getting involved because he's good (whereas when the mission was on the table it was us, Boise and Vandy).

6) He likes us but wants to start next year and never take his mission so we are like, 'sorry, no room for next year. Room in a couple years like we told you' and so now he's basically out.

Probably had it offered earlier with the offer contingent on the mission, honoring the trip in case he chooses to stick with the mission.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

My read is this:

We? scheduled it when he was adamant about going on a mission. Now that he's loosened that (as we were the only decent team who was cool with it in the first place), he's getting other interest and it just looks like it's not going to work out.

We would love to (I'm sure) get him for the class of '19.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Katoa is a linebacker from Utah that visited last weekend. The idea was UW might take him because he's an LDS mission kid so he doesnt count for this recruiting class. USC's scout guy wrote an article on him that suggests 2 things

Fuck Linebackers from Utah

If this was to highlight Psalm, he's from Hawaii last time I checked
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

animate said:

dnc said:

I like my source on this one.
    Whats @sources have to say about this?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

animate said:

dnc said:

I like my source on this one.
    So your saying Sark and Johnny Nansen lied when they went to Hawaii to recruit Psalm?
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Announcing his commitment today.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

dnc said:

whoosh
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2016
    Heard we are making a late push
  • Options