Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best conference in the country is the Big 10

via ESPN.

239 Washington State -6½
240 Minnesota

243 Northwestern
244 Pittsburgh -5

247 Indiana
248 Utah -8

265 Florida State
266 Michigan -7

273 Ohio State -3
274 Clemson

275 Iowa
276 Florida -2

277 Western Michigan
278 Wisconsin -7½

279 Southern Cal -7½
280 Penn State

Big 10 (14) teams are favored in 3 out of their 8 Bowl games.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/?s=1649

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sark is the best play caller in the nation
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    But how is ESPN full of shit?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

the B0G is the best conference in america when theyre matched up against each other, against actual competition, not so much, my hottest of taeks:

239 Washington State -6½
    240 Minnesota

fat jerry kill needs to kill (pun not truly intended but it worked so we? went with it) himself now if he cant beat cuog

Fat Jerry already died. They have some other fat guy coaching them but he can't shake things up like Fat Jerry did.

243 Northwestern
    244 Pittsburgh -5

would rather watch isis beheading videos than this fucking game

Bad college footballs games are still better than anything else on TV

247 Indiana
    248 Utah -8

weird af that the utes are 8 point faves when the o/u is 5 (im fuckin serious bout that, look it up or ask @HarveyRoad )

Troy's going to finally put up video game numbers.

265 Florida State
    266 Michigan -7

haha! jim harbaugh wears khakis! has sleepovers at recruits houses! he's so crazy. he's been at UM two years, he's gonna hit year three and get antsy, next nfl team that comes at him will offer gm/coaching, but hey, michigan has those super cool jumpman jerseys!

Harbaugh will be 0-4 against Urban before realizing the opportunity to go back to the NFL is too good to pass up.

273 Ohio State -3
    274 Clemson

this could/should be a good game, i have no ill will to either of these teams, hope for a great game with no injuries, just hope both their airplanes going home from the game crash.

275 Iowa
    276 Florida -2

there was a time, it was before the internet existed, that these teams mattered. if kirk wins, he gets a contract extension and the buyout goes up to the national debt of liberia.

Remember that line about bad college football games? I changed my mind after seeing this.

277 Western Michigan
    278 Wisconsin -7½

TV in HD has come to neither of these states, they give zero fucks, just wanna see the I-formation. wiscy comes within a cunt hair of "winning" the B0G and is a TD fave over a MAC or some fuckin conference team, yea, B0G is fuckin loaded.

I hope WMU wins just so PJ Fleck can do that dive/body surf thing again. I haven't seen enough highlights of that on ESPN.

279 Southern Cal -7½
    280 Penn State

we could go the "SC is going to take the pedo state lions to the showers" or "pedo state should just ignore the shaft (lmao, again, no punt intended, just worked that way) of getting to the playoffs like they ignored children being molested in their football locker rooms." fuck it, either works, everyone gets paid one way or the other.

This one is for the children!

• Options
    BammertrollBammertroll Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    I have always been of the opinion the conferences don't play each other enough to get an accurate read. For example, the ACC and SEC east have a lot of in state rivals. The SEC east was shit show this year. So rivalry week we got Clemson vs South Carolina, Florida vs Florida State, Georgia vs Georgia Tech(all SEC losses), and Kentucky managed to upset Louisville. Does that mean the acc is a better football conference than the SEC. No, it means the best teams in the acc are better than their sec east rivals. If they were to match up against the SEC west, the stronger division in the SEC, then there would likely be different results. In fact no SEC east team beat any SEC west team until November, that's 2/3 of the season. My point is the sample size of out of conference play is too small to determine the strongest conference. Even after the bowl games we don't really get an accurate read because of bowl tie ins. This conference 4th place teams play another's second place. That being said, the Big 10 was better at the top this year, but that doesn't mean they don't have their share of cupcakes. Same thing with the SEC, and every other conference.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Hypocritical to absolve the SEC of its OOC losses based on sample size and then cite to a half season of SEC East/West crossover games where each team plays TWO games out of its division in the entire season.

The East was 5-10 against the West counting the championship. If you remove BAMA it was 5-7...pretty even.

Get a real conference schedule and get back to us.
  • Options
    BammertrollBammertroll Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2016
    I am not sure where you get your information. There are 14 sec schools and each one plays two schools from the other divsion. That makes 28 games, correct? Assuming you are correct and the east won 5(sounds about right), that would be a 23-5 advantage for the west. Not very even. Also you can't take away Bama's wins because they do play in the west. We can manipulate any stat if we pick and choose what we put in it. For example if we take away the five east wins the west was undefeated. Come on man. There isn;t enough data to decide which conference is stronger because they don't play enough games out of conference games and some like UW schedule out of conference cupcakes. Bama scheduled an fcs team. The fact is conferences don't field the teams the schools do.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The B1G got a boost from bowl season last year and no team in the history of sports got more run than Wisconsin did by barely beating a limping LSU team that fired their coach and lost 4 games I believe.

In 50 years they will be talking about the day Wisconsin beat LSU

Bama 38, Michigan State 0 is usually left out of the conversation
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I am not sure where you get your information. There are 14 sec schools and each one plays two schools from the other divsion. That makes 28 games, correct? Assuming you are correct and the east won 5(sounds about right), that would be a 23-5 advantage for the west. Not very even. Also you can't take away Bama's wins because they do play in the west. We can manipulate any stat if we pick and choose what we put in it. I we take away the five east wins the west was undefeated. Come on man.

BAMMER maff.
    Hurtful
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The B1G got a boost from bowl season last year and no team in the history of sports got more run than Wisconsin did by barely beating a limping LSU team that fired their coach and lost 4 games I believe.

In 50 years they will be talking about the day Wisconsin beat LSU

Bama 38, Michigan State 0 is usually left out of the conversation

that win definitely inflated the B1G's reputation this year. remember LSU was in or close to FG range when their shitty QB who got benched for Etling threw a horrible pick