Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In honor of rejoining the big-time this month, I hope we have this ready for Fozzy's official visit

Size seems appropriate since Tosh stuffed $1,500 in a Starbucks cup for a lightly regarded non-qualifier from Lynnwood.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No pack of woofing coaches in the living room? No Party Bus? Someone tell Petersen this isn't the WAC anymore.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    Standard Supporter
    Wait til he sees Tosh's light show and PowerPoint presentation
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Wait til he sees plays Xbox with Tosh

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    Founders Club

I think this would be a more appropriate gift for him:

Not conical enough
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Fozzy will either enjoy a solid education and a winning program which plays in front of 5k fans, or a solid education and a winning program with a real college atmosphere.

Can't blame him for education at stanford, but with a winning program at UW it makes it much harder to justify just the degree.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think the "education" argument is so overblown. When you have a guy with the caliber of talent that Fozzy possesses at a premium position like Left Tackle, you're splitting hairs between UW/Stanford in terms of education because the guy is going to be playing in the NFL in three years. If he wasn't playing football I would advocate Stanford over Washington every single time but he's a football player and frankly wouldn't get admitted into Stanford if he was applying solely based on his academic resume.

Shaw has clearly reached his ceiling. He's been at the helm since 2011, just brought back the Heisman front runner up and regressed. Meanwhile, Washington making it into the playoff with such a young team in year 3 shows that Petersen hasn't even come close to what he is capable of as a coach and program builder. This is just the tip of the iceberg and I expect for Petersen to emphasis to Foster that he is the guy this program needs to not only compete at the highest level in college football but to firmly entrench the notion that if you are from the state of Washington YOU GO TO THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON. PERIOD.

If Foster doesn't love football and wants to do something else with his life then go to Stanford. If he see's himself playing at the next level, then Washington is the obvious choice. Hometown school, better football atmosphere, better city etc etc. I expect Pete to give him the full court press this weekend.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    pat_hm said:

I think the "education" argument is so overblown. When you have a guy with the caliber of talent that Fozzy possesses at a premium position like Left Tackle, you're splitting hairs between UW/Stanford in terms of education because the guy is going to be playing in the NFL in three years. If he wasn't playing football I would advocate Stanford over Washington every single time but he's a football player and frankly wouldn't get admitted into Stanford if he was applying solely based on his academic resume.

Shaw has clearly reached his ceiling. He's been at the helm since 2011, just brought back the Heisman front runner up and regressed. Meanwhile, Washington making it into the playoff with such a young team in year 3 shows that Petersen hasn't even come close to what he is capable of as a coach and program builder. This is just the tip of the iceberg and I expect for Petersen to emphasis to Foster that he is the guy this program needs to not only compete at the highest level in college football but to firmly entrench the notion that if you are from the state of Washington YOU GO TO THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON. PERIOD.

If Foster doesn't love football and wants to do something else with his life then go to Stanford. If he see's himself playing at the next level, then Washington is the obvious choice. Hometown school, better football atmosphere, better city etc etc. I expect Pete to give him the full court press this weekend.

1) i don't know if he would or not, but either way this may even be more reason to get a stanford degree. once in the fraternity, always in the fraternity

2) there are a lot of people who get injured in sports. there are zero for sure things(other than ryan leaf) so having a bit of a fall back plan for when you "retire"(at the latest in your 30's) may be prudent for those with parents and a brain.

Just a couple things to consider why he may go elsewhere.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

1) i don't know if he would or not, but either way this may even be more reason to get a stanford degree. once in the fraternity, always in the fraternity

2) there are a lot of people who get injured in sports. there are zero for sure things(other than ryan leaf) so having a bit of a fall back plan for when you "retire"(at the latest in your 30's) may be prudent for those with parents and a brain.

Just a couple things to consider why he may go elsewhere.
    If Fozzy picks the Stanford hat he's basically giving a big FUCK YOU to the entire State of Washington, University of Washington, Chris Petersen and Seattle Business community. He's saying he wants to leave the state for good. Whereas if he went to Washington, no one in the bay area would give a shit if he did choose to relocate down there for work after football because Stanford has no football culture. Zero. UW is still a highly respected degree. Seattle is different though. UW runs Seattle and people will remember he was the one player in state arrogant enough to spurn the program at a time when there was no reason to do so except for the fact that Stanford is a "better school." The Seattle business community will take it personally. I'm not downplaying a Stanford degree but it's not like UW isn't an impressive degree either. Both are very well respected on the west coast and throughout the country.
  • Options
    IF Foster has been taking advice from "Future Doctor" Joshua Garnett we're already fucked.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    The big unknown here is how much influence
    Mom has. If she's pimping for Stanford then
    what is a 17 year old kid supposed to do?
    She does have a bit of that Tiger mom look about her.
    Having said that Petersen's strongest recruiting
    quality is selling the parents so let's see what
    happens.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Paging (Future) Dr. Justin Glenn