Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colorado rewatch thoughts

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Finally saw the game replay. Shoutout to the UW fans though, we clearly outnumbered Colorado at the game. Good times. Shoutout to Bourbon and Branch in the 'loin too.

- Eldrenkamp is a fucking monster and will be missed. Maybe his best game yet.

- Why isn't Taylor Rapp on KO? If you could create CFB players in a laboratory, he'd be the consummate special teams player. Maybe they're worried he'll literally kill someone? Or maybe he usually is but they sat him down after his pick 6? I like turtles.

- Our DL beat the ever living shit out of them. Continuously. I don't think Greg "Sons of Anarchy" Gaines was beat once.

- Budda was sniffing out and blowing up screens on a clearly injured ankle. Superstar.

- Sefo was only sacked once (felt like more) but we did beat the shit out of him. Vea nearly killed him.

- The roughing penalty on Benning was horseshit. Great pressure and hit.

- Colorado speed on D was generally impressive. Glad most of them are graduating.

- Beavers might be a better blitzer than Azeem, which is crazy.

- The 2nd half offense from midway 3Q until the end was just beautiful. Colorado knew we were going to run right at them and they couldn't do a damn thing about it.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Rapp was playing KO, but the crazy thing about Rapp is that he got hurt on the same play where Budda was just barely out of bounds on that interception. He got attention for a good five minutes after that. After that play they didn't put him on KO coverage.

That was so great seeing so many Husky fans there. It was beautiful.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I watched a few of alabama games today Ole Miss, LSU and Tennesse. I came away pretty confident that we can potentially upset them. Their offense is pretty bad, Hurts is really ineffective. If we make them one dimensional like LSU did i feel confident enough that we can scrap 17 points together. Their defense is very agressive and can be had on routes that force them to switch (wheel routes, zone busters etc) Short quick passing game off of play action was money for Ole Miss early in the game. RPOS looked actually quite effective against their defense because they over commit so much because they trust someone to make a play. Everyone's explosives came off play action which speaks to how agressive they play. Alabama sells out to stop the run but if you spread them out you can get 3-4 yards all day. I actually like our chances in this game esp. given that Pete has 1 month to prepare.
  • Options
    if Jake plays well we can win. I don't see Bama able to put up 17+ points on offense against our D. They might with ST tds or if Jake throws a pick six etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Oh btw Colorado's secondary looked a lot better than Bama's. But Bama has an NFL front 7, Jonthan Allen will abuse Coleman Shelton (on every down) and Nick Harris (a lot passing plays and some rushing plays) my gosh that guy is insane.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    A friend of mine following SEC games closely told me that Bama will run us over in the 2nd half. From game stats, it does look like they don't start fast but can score in bunches in the 2nd half. If Browning doesn't wet his pants, we might have a fighting chance. But what is the chance of his shedding the brown label in front of his socks in a big game in the face of insane pressure?

The Bama run defense is insane, no. 1 in pretty much every single category, head and shoulders above everyone else. No way we can score 17 points on offense with our running game only -- unless we get defensive/ST scores.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A friend of mine following SEC games closely told me that Bama will run us over in the 2nd half. From game stats, it does look like they don't start fast but can score in bunches in the 2nd half. If Browning doesn't wet his pants, we might have a fighting chance. But what is the chance of his shedding the brown label in front of his socks in a big game in the face of insane pressure?

The Bama run defense is insane, no. 1 in pretty much every single category, head and shoulders above everyone else. No way we can score 17 points on offense with our running game only -- unless we get defensive/ST scores.

They are stupid enough to kick to Ross