Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN's Lobby Efforts for Playoff Spot #4

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
as we've all been watching games and analyses from the ESPN talking heads the past month and hearing how deserving all the Big 10 teams are, I thought I'd note the obvious narratives from before the announcement this morning:

Brian Griese (Michigan alum) calling the Wyoming/SD State game yesterday saying during the game #4 should be Michigan.
Todd Blackledge (Penn State alum) stating multiple times that Penn State should be in if they win.
Herbie (Ohio State alum) saying that all 4 of Michigan, tOSU, Wisconsin, and Penn State should be in.
Desmond Howard (Michigan alum) same shit on Game Day.

Chris Fowler was the voice of reason and objectivity though. He said you can poke holes in all the teams outside of Bama to fit your personal narrative and pump up your home team so he thinks Washington is the right #4.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Howard actually defended UW on gameday saturday. I was shocked
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Great useless non-content thread as always
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Great useless non-content thread as always

It was my own premium content. Thanks for reading
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Howard actually defended UW on gameday saturday. I was shocked

Probably because he had to. He had Michigan in his final 4 online.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Going to be fun to watch USC kick the living dog shit out of Penn State ( and there really is a state penitentiary down the highway from the stadium about 5 miles away). USC will prove how "tough" the Big 10 really is.

This
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,289
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Joey Galloway was part of it too
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Pollack said we should be in.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rhodes scholar twins Herbie and Galloway were brilliant in using the logic of Penn State over Michigan (although they only lost by 39 to the Wolverines) and us (one extra win worth nothing) but magically they stopped at Ohio State because????? Oh that's right, you can't defend the buckeyes since head to fuckin head they lost to the Lions.

Next up was how hot Penn State was right now. Yo Einsteins, by using that logic SC was hotter and would beat anyone not named Alabama any maybe Clemson. Be careful going down that rabbit hole dipshits.

So after that fails, Herbie uses Ohio State beating Oklahoma back in September as why their ticket should be punched (ps today Oklahoma beats them if they played again). But our final win versus number 8 Colorado doesn't mean anything.

And the capper... Espn gives Ohio State a 3 minute synopsis of their season after a commercial. After the Sooner win, we see the narrow escapes versus Wisconsin, Sparty, one other and Michigan. Yet for the blunder twins Ohio State are a mortal lock.

Throw on your buckeye uniforms, tell me your a homer, etc. Would not like it, but could understand it. Just DON'T give me this I am a unbiased expert bull shit, then try and sell me on the fact the Big 10 should have 5 teams in the playoffs.

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Going to be fun to watch USC kick the living dog shit out of Penn State ( and there really is a state penitentiary down the highway from the stadium about 5 miles away). USC will prove how "tough" the Big 10 really is.

Apologists will blame it on location and the let down of not making the CFP
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    The belly laughs from Larry Scott's media room are deafening.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Rhodes scholar twins Herbie and Galloway were brilliant in using the logic of Penn State over Michigan (although they only lost by 39 to the Wolverines) and us (one extra win worth nothing) but magically they stopped at Ohio State because????? Oh that's right, you can't defend the buckeyes since head to fuckin head they lost to the Lions.

Next up was how hot Penn State was right now. Yo Einsteins, by using that logic SC was hotter and would beat anyone not named Alabama any maybe Clemson. Be careful going down that rabbit hole dipshits.

So after that fails, Herbie uses Ohio State beating Oklahoma back in September as why their ticket should be punched (ps today Oklahoma beats them if they played again). But our final win versus number 8 Colorado doesn't mean anything.

And the capper... Espn gives Ohio State a 3 minute synopsis of their season after a commercial. After the Sooner win, we see the narrow escapes versus Wisconsin, Sparty, one other and Michigan. Yet for the blunder twins Ohio State are a mortal lock.

Throw on your buckeye uniforms, tell me your a homer, etc. Would not like it, but could understand it. Just DON'T give me this I am a unbiased expert bull shit, then try and sell me on the fact the Big 10 should have 5 teams in the playoffs.

I know you're being sarcastic but only 4 teams can make the playoffs.