Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What a self-righteous dumpster fire of an article

2»

Comments

• Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "...he has become a fan of entrepreneurial online journalism because it allows him to continue a lifelong passion to take the English language to places it rarely visits willingly"

And who can forget his brilliant commentaries on KPLU.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oh Lord, even the URL is bullshit "...uw-chris-petersen-scandal/"

As @Meek said above, total click bait.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I like how the website has to beg for donations at the end of the story.

Seems familiar somehow

i had never heard of sports press nw. i thought art was at some seattle paper, right? why has he gone to blogging out his (likely dead) mother's basement?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Rhymes with Bile!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The UW AD should pull Dawgman's media credentials because of this
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OK, so Art Thiel couldn't even wait 24 hours before posting this horseshit article?

The worst part about it, besides the irresponsible click bait websearch URL, is that he uses the success of the 2016 football team to take pot shots at Don James. One thing I've noticed is how the Seattle media always seems to conveniently forget the details of his resignation to fit their current narrative. I was at the UW in '93 and everyone knew that James got back stabbed by Gerb and Babs because they were greedy AF and wanted TV money. Why no mention of that Art?

And of course, he just can't help himself and mentions the Seattle Times series on the 2000 Rose Bowl Team. And what does that has what to do with the 2016 team again? The stories covered in that series were unfortunate and did cast a bad light on the program- but they made it sound like this only happened at Washington and nowhere else (as we have seen with Baylor). Again, what does this have to do with Coach Petersen and the 2016 team again?

So according to Art, we should all expect some major scandal in the upcoming years- because that always follows success at UW. Of course, there is no smoke tying Petersen to any scandal- but don't tell Thiel that.

DIAFF Thiel. Keep to writing about the Mariners.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    CaptainPJ said:

Typical self loathing Seattle shit.

Seattle fucking sucks.

Agree. With a vengeance.