Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Budda interview after the game

Q13's post game show interviewed Budda and the chick asked him something along the lines of "How does this team play so well together?"

His response was (paraphrasing) "This is what Coach Pete teaches us. I can go up to any lineman or anybody on this team and talk to them because we are family. We play for each other."

I was quickly reminded of 2 things:
1- The story that has gone around of Sark mimicking a player who had a speech impediment in front of the entire team.

2- Petersen screaming at a star player in one of his first practices for calling another player by his # instead of his name. Petersen apparently said, "You don't even bother to learn his name?! He's your brother!"

The culture change that Petersen preached was for real. This is not a team chock-full of 4 and 5 star recruits but it soon will be. The future is

very

fucking

bright.

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Great post but the future is now (and next year).

We probably won't have 3 DT's like we do or a secondary like this ever again no matter how many 4 and 5 star players we get.

True on the DTs but our secondary is stacked with talent for years to come and will be dominant for at least as long as Jimmy Lake stays.

Jordan Miller, Rapp, Joyner, heck even true freshman walk-on Myles Bryant got some play last night and looked decent.

#DBU
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Great post but the future is now (and next year).

We probably won't have 3 DT's like we do or a secondary like this ever again no matter how many 4 and 5 star players we get.

No, but in the future we may have an actual pass rusher, a strongside DE that can hold the edge, or a dynamic tight end that can create mismatches for any back seven.

This is not a once-in-a-lifetime-stars-have-aligned kind of team. This is just a fucking great team with great player development that doesn't need to rely on any one guy or unit to kick a team's teeth in. Having nine guys on the P12 first team is not a lucky coincidence of generational players, it's a direct result of a staff that knows how to build a roster and I see no reason to suspect that that trend won't continue.
    Great Poast.

Guys like Potato, String?, BBK, Beavers, and obv Rapp all played significant snaps last night and the defense did not drop off. I think I even saw Shane Bowman out there.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I bet Petersen read the book "the speed of trust"
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

lol Washington is a blue blood school and you're dumb if you think Chris Petersen already peaked

It's not whether he has peaked or not. We will stay contenders. There just is a thin line. Petersen "peaking" has nothing to do with my post.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

lol Washington is a blue blood school and you're dumb if you think Chris Petersen already peaked

It's not whether he has peaked or not. We will stay contenders. There just is a thin line. Petersen "peaking" has nothing to do with my post.
    What the fuck was your post supposed to mean then dumbass. You hedge your bets worse then an ESPN cfb analyst talking about Chris Petersen
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Petersen appears to be the most well-rounded coach in the Pac - calm, confident, friendly, and rational. Though, I wish he'd stop doing the incongruent, head-shaking thing as = "yes" .......half the players shake their heads when they talk to the media now, even when they are actually saying yes or agreeing. Head-shaking = disapproval. Somebody in Petersen's life was very disapproving, and you can see this in that anchored ghost of Petersen's constant head-shaking.

Helfrich is an example of an unbalanced HC. He was a nerdy, socially-inadequate, HC who probably focused ALL his energies on the Xs and Os. He lacked the other skills required to be a leader, like rudimentary, social skills. Half of his team DGAF about the team, because he appeared like he DGAF. Helfrich was probably not a good listener, he had a lot of black or white, one-word responses.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982

What the fuck was your post supposed to mean then dumbass. You hedge your bets worse then an ESPN cfb analyst talking about Chris Petersen
    Why is this so hard to understand? When you are in the playoff you need to win it. We are not Alabama or Ohio st and some sort of football factory. Nor are going to be. They will compete to win the north every year. This team has one main flaw in that our rush end was injured. Tons of NFL guys everywhere. We are not going to be a top 4 team every year. It's not like Petersen won the conference every year at Boise state.

These doogs that think we're better in the future because the jack off to tbs are dumb.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Why is this so hard to understand? When you are in the playoff you need to win it. We are not Alabama or Ohio st and some sort of football factory. Nor are going to be.
    Yes we need to win it, but we also can be on the same level as ohio state and alabama but on the west coast. We have the chance to be THE blue blood of the west coast like USC.

Budda Baker going to UW and decommitting from Oregon because of Chris Petersen was the start of the legacy
  • Options
    This is coming from a fag who went to UW for school and never gave a shit about the football program since we went 0-12 while I was there
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Future is so fucking bright, but that can wait. Right now it's about enjoying every moment and hoping for a win in the next game.

Feb is for the future. The off season is for the future.