Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast #24: Apple Cup Review and PAC12 Title Game Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Is that .m4a an abbreviation for "Made for Apple"? Asking because I have an HP and I'm not sure I can connect. Took a screenshot to be safe and tried following the link from there but I think you made an error somewhere because the icon turns into a paintbrush. Weird I know but perhaps you should invest a little more time into QC before putting these potentially dangerous links out to the bored. I'll keep the screenshot and try again later when you have fixed the link. Anyhoo, I'll send in for the transcript to get a head start while you troubleshoot. Is that the Port Orchard address?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is that .m4a an abbreviation for "Made for Apple"? Asking because I have an HP and I'm not sure I can connect. Took a screenshot to be safe and tried following the link from there but I think you made an error somewhere because the icon turns into a paintbrush. Weird I know but perhaps you should invest a little more time into QC before putting these potentially dangerous links out to the bored. I'll keep the screenshot and try again later when you have fixed the link. Anyhoo, I'll send in for the transcript to get a head start while you troubleshoot. Is that the Port Orchard address?
    +1
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,577
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Can someone splain to me how if Washington beats the buffs Michigan leap frogs them and UW finishes 5th in the playoff standings?

Why does the media keep this door ajar?

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2016
    jecornel said:

Can someone splain to me how if Washington beats the buffs Michigan leap frogs them and UW finishes 5th in the playoff standings?

Trying to drum up controversy I guess. There is 0 chance of it actually happening.

Two of Michigan's best wins would end up with another loss (Wisc/PSU and CU) while UW would gain a quality win and a conference championship. Literally nothing can help Michigan vs. UW without UW losing.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

$$$

To me the most interesting story line of the week isn't Michigan but it's Ohio State.

Both Clemson and Washington will be adding a 13th data point ... Ohio State isn't.

Both Clemson and Washington will be adding a top 20 team with that data point ... top 10 for Washington.

Citing Ohio State's non-conference schedule up to date and the win over Oklahoma on the road basically gets cancelled out by the other schools playing for their conference championship with other comparable teams.

IF Okie Lite beats Oklahoma, that further downgrades the Ohio State win over Oklahoma.

And, at the end of the day, Ohio State will not be able to say that they were division and conference champions like Clemson and Washington may be able to say (assuming they both win).

Then there's the dirty bit about Penn State beating Ohio State if Penn State wins the Big 10 title game. That knocks Wisconsin down a few levels ... particularly if Penn State beats them soundly.

The story line that the media needs to be talking about isn't this idea of 2 Big 10 teams getting in at the expense of either a Washington or Clemson (particularly if they both win) ... and given where Penn State is ranked, it's virtually impossible to consider how Penn State could jump 3 teams and get in when one of those teams is playing a comparable opponent. It's how can you say that Ohio State is head and shoulders a better team than Penn State when they didn't beat them?

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that if Clemson and UW win, they get promoted up to the 2/3 lines and Ohio State pushed down to the 4th spot with Penn State moving up to the 5th spot and the Big 10 representative for the Rose Bowl. It's only in that scenario where you can in a justified way give Penn State the respect that they deserve by moving them up but still holding to this idea that Ohio State is a better team. What makes zero sense is if Penn State wins, Ohio State stays at #2, Michigan stays at #5, and Penn State as the Big 10 champ sits behind them at #6 ... makes ZERO sense. You just can't say in the end that there's that big of a gap between a team that gets in versus a team in the same conference and division that beat said team ... then you run the risk of putting this whole thing into the hands of those with the most $$$ and not on the teams that are the most deserving. And, the other thing if the above happens is it then basically drives the argument that you need to get to 6 or 8 teams to ensure that you're including conference champions.

This committee has not struck me as being particularly sharp ... we'll see if they do similar to what the committee did 2 years ago and turn everything upside its ear from what had been in place previously for their final rankings.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Strong Pod gentlemen, great work. DDY, correct about Phil, flipped through the list of top 199 RBs, not one fucking Phil.

Troy came in with a lot of hype, and hope. Now that all the facts and stats are in, this year was one of our better offenses since being in the Pac12. This isn't a complement for Troy, it shows how shitty our offense has been. Even at that, he's still the best thing we've had at QB since 2008.

I don't know if it was Pepsi or Tequilla who pointed out he couldn't beat out Cyler Miles, I totally get it, in fact, saw it. 50% completion rate sucks, he's a slow runner and does a poor job of executing the read option. (just a quick, short list here)

DDY, fat??? Far from it. I'm a catch! Slender and firm. Oh, and fast at long distances.

Worshington will blow the Bison off the field, plan your trip to the playoffs. This game will be a snoozfest in the 2nd half, unless you're Husky because it's never boring watching your team win, especially the Pac12 Championship. In closing, if we can beat Alabama, so can you.

The whole Coog situation sounds exactly like Wyoming, all the way down to the piss bombs. Anywhere in that pod rant you could insert Cowboy for Coog and Laramie for Pullman.

I'd say good luck tomorrow but you don't need it. Worshington is the far superior team even if the Bison play their best game, but they won't. They're going to shit the bed. Hell, they shit the bed against us in a must win game, we just shit the bed worse.

I'm warming up to you even though you don't speak Norwegian.
    You gave me a very good (but hurtful) lesson, and I'm a better man because of it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @89ute

Do you really think that Pepsi could come up with such a strong take as "now you know why Troy couldn't beat out Cyler Miles?"
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Welp, somehow we are still playing games that matter. We look back at another beat down of the Coug with a shoutout to Barry Bolton. We then preview the PAC12 Title Game against the BUFFS of COLORADO! Very, very brief recruiting segment, followed by hot playoff talk. I won the Haiku battle at the end.

We hate you all, I fucking hate @SpoonieLuv. Yeah.

traffic.libsyn.com/tsiopodcast/TSIO_-_The_Buff_is_a_Fraud.m4a

Would chin again for Coker's assessment of the Ohio State v Michigan game and the use of Beauty Contest to describe the CFP committee selection process. Kudos young DaWg.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Phil Perry was a R&B singer. Is that close enough?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FREE PUB!

GLAA

love the optimism, hate the lack of sexual tension

also coke crushed the haiku. 2 in a row! dennis with still a healthy lead though