Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW's SOS is strong

2»

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

Mad_Son said:

Sagarin is a joke. No fucking way is the P12 North better than the B1G East.

Indiana, Maryland, Michigan state, and Rutgers say hi.
    Except for Rutgers, they're better than the bottom three of the P12 North.

Your silence about the top half speaks volumes.
    Indiana maybe. Maryland and MSU not so much.
    So you haven't watched Oregon, Oregon State, or Cal this year?

There's a reason half of the Pac-12 didn't even make bowl games.
    MSU and Maryland were at least equally as bad.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

That is definitely not true. I've watched more shitty big ten football than I should have since I went to Wisconsin and my wife went to Maryland... those teams are Oregon State level bad. Having three very good teams and three terrible teams doesn't make you better than having a real spread of quality. Washingon, WSU, Stanford are not be as good as Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State but the lower half of the division makes up for it when you get to the bottom half of the Big Ten East.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

That is definitely not true. I've watched more shitty big ten football than I should have since I went to Wisconsin and my wife went to Maryland... those teams are Oregon State level bad. Having three very good teams and three terrible teams doesn't make you better than having a real spread of quality. Washingon, WSU, Stanford are not be as good as Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State but the lower half of the division makes up for it when you get to the bottom half of the Big Ten East.
    Most of the better quant rating systems agree with you.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well our sos is shit according to them. Don't disagree with them there.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Oregon State finished forf in the Norf.

You just made my point for me.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    2 Washington State 7-2 8-4
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

You just made my point for me.
    Not all teams with the same records are created equally, bw's point aside.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm calling an Oregon State 2nd place finish in the North next year. I like what they are doing. I see a small scale version of what UW did happening there.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I'm calling an Oregon State 2nd place finish in the North next year. I like what they are doing. I see a small scale version of what UW did happening there.

I like their DBs a lot they are good.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

They need a qb in the worst way. Anderson is good with defense though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They need a qb in the worst way. Anderson is good with defense though.
    The guy at the end of the year looked okay. They will play tough with the white RB and in the finesse PAC 12, toughness goes a long way. They are trending up imo. Year one was a disaster. They were better this year and next year is their hopeful breakout year.

Cal sucks, WSU will be bad without Falk. Oregon is a little bit of a wild card. Stanford should be solid, but they don't have a good QB and lose McCaffrey.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.
    Perhaps you can write a strongly worded letter to pac-12.org to have them list OS(U) above Cal in their standings, then.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.
    Perhaps you can write a strongly worded letter to pac-12.org to have them list OS(U) above Cal in their standings, then.
    My guess is they used overall record to sort tied teams.

Irregardless, your poont is mute.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.

Head-to-head determines champions, not rankings further down. Overall record determines lower rankings. You said OS(U) was forf in the norf. My poont was that the conference considers Cal to be forf in the norf.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.

Head-to-head determines champions, not rankings further down. Overall record determines lower rankings. You said OS(U) was forf in the norf. My poont was that the conference considers Cal to be forf in the norf.
    It could be alphabetical order too.

Nobody knows.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Ahem.

North Division
    Teams Conf Overall
    1 Washington 8-1 11-1
    3 Stanford 6-3 9-3
    4 California 3-6 5-7
    5 Oregon State 3-6 4-8
    6 Oregon 2-7 4-8
    Oregon State beat Cal.

Case closed.

It could be alphabetical order too.

Nobody knows.
    Now, more than ever, CAL BEAT TEXAS