Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here's the deal

2»

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

Its a nice story father @RaceBannon

People will talk about a Rose bowl still being pretty good or finishing 2nd in the pac12 as pretty good.

"if you would have told me we would beat Oregon and Stanford and finish in the top15 with 10+ wins before the season started I would have purposely driven my Maserati into a tree out of happiness"

Thats great and all but its going to be hard to think that UW is going to have this kind of talent and this type of opportunity again, any time soon.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this season is on a knife's edge of doing less with more.

I'm usually with you Houston but I actually see better times ahead.
    I think we are gonna start getting even better talent, not quite
    USC level but better than we got. Listened to Peterman's 9 minutes
    of postgame reflection and he must have mentioned physical 4 or 5
    times. I think he gets that we need more ass kickers on both lines
    and am optimistic we get them.
    Maybe, hope you are right,

<3 u bb

Both the offense and the defense have a ton of NFL tallent, hard to imagine a team with a better secondary than King, Buttah, and Jones playing together again. Let alone both Beirria and Victor could be NFL LBs some day. The interior DL is pretty good too.

On offense Ross and MeowMeow likely make one of the best WR duos in the country. Gaskins would start for every other team in the pac12. Coleman is the best backup RB on the west coast not named Deionte Cooper.

There are some pieces missing, but I would be extremely surprised if we ever field a better secondary for the rest of Petersens tenure.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

People will talk about a Rose bowl still being pretty good or finishing 2nd in the pac12 as pretty good.

"if you would have told me we would beat Oregon and Stanford and finish in the top15 with 10+ wins before the season started I would have purposely driven my Maserati into a tree out of happiness"

Thats great and all but its going to be hard to think that UW is going to have this kind of talent and this type of opportunity again, any time soon.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this season is on a knife's edge of doing less with more.

I think you should be better at spotting a copout when you see and hear it.

Better players. My ass. How about giving the players you have a chance?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We would have won the game if we had any semblance of balence and didn't try to get it all back with one play.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

Maybe, hope you are right,

<3 u bb

Both the offense and the defense have a ton of NFL tallent, hard to imagine a team with a better secondary than King, Buttah, and Jones playing together again. Let alone both Beirria and Victor could be NFL LBs some day. The interior DL is pretty good too.

On offense Ross and MeowMeow likely make one of the best WR duos in the country. Gaskins would start for every other team in the pac12. Coleman is the best backup RB on the west coast not named Deionte Cooper.

There are some pieces missing, but I would be extremely surprised if we ever field a better secondary for the rest of Petersens tenure. </p>
    Think we are getting eventual replaceable talent for everyone you
    mentioned with the exception of Ross. Really like the talent level
    Pete is bringing in with DB's, receivers and running backs. Think
    Malloe will be a terrific DL recruiter. Would love to see 4 or 5
    top OL recruits in 2018. Things are looking up man!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

That was one of the biggest games in program history, and they came out looking soft in those fucked up black bullshit uniforms. We failed to control the lines, and we allowed them to move the ball.

Then when playing half assed got them down by a couple scores, they tightened up and blew several chances to take control of the game.

They showed they can't be the top-4 team they thought they were just by showing up. It's really hard to go unbeaten, but this team had a real chance of doing it, and fucked the dog instead. They'll figure out what they let get away from them, but you can't get that chance back. I had a feeling about this game, and I could hardly watch the dream die a slow, painful, underthrown ball type of death.

Clemson, Michigan and Washington all got a lesson yesterday. So did I - I learned once again how fucking cool that 12-0 1991 team was.

The season isn't lost. Take this loss out on everyone else you play, and these Huskies can be one of the better teams UW has ever had. We'll see how they come back from getting punched in the face like that. I'm hoping for some logger tuff type shit.

Great post.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I was pissed last night. Highly annoyed this morning. Basically over it by now. Maybe that's why Race waits half a day to post after we blow it. The thing about Saban really puts it in perspective. 5 rings and one undefeated season. It's fucking hard (lulz) to never lose a game when everyone on the schedule targets you.

If Saban coached in the Pac12, he'd have 3-4 undefeated seasons by now.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Race was there
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I was pissed last night. Highly annoyed this morning. Basically over it by now. Maybe that's why Race waits half a day to post after we blow it. The thing about Saban really puts it in perspective. 5 rings and one undefeated season. It's fucking hard (lulz) to never lose a game when everyone on the schedule targets you.

If Saban coached in the Pac12, he'd have 3-4 undefeated seasons by now.
    You mean like how Pete Carroll didn't?
    Pete Carroll lost to a last place Stanford team
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We played a team with a ton more talent than us that shows where we are truly at TBS-wise (not elite). That team was also highly motivated and played a great game (rarely made serious mistakes).

At the same time, while running an offense for Deshaun Watson at QB (lots of deep shots and naked boots where the QB has to beat a USC edge rusher as a prerequisite for making the play), we still had a shot to beat them down 13-17 and we shit the bed with our 'designed for Deshaun' offense.

After that we played like a team who thought they were going to lose and we did.

Jake shit the bed a bunch but was put in one of the worst positions I've ever seen a QB put in. We run an offense for a QB who has tremendous physical skills and a team that has dick at RB.

I'm pissed at Babushka and that's about it. When you have Connor O'Brien and Psalm Wooching as your DEs/OLBs you are going to suck against elite teams unless they don't give a fuck.

Budda played like a fucking man, though.

Budda was sensational that game. Still want to see him
    playing centerfield rather than covering a slot man.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

UW will win the next 2 and play for the Pac 12 title. They will win that game. We can argue for weeks whether they make the playoffs. You go ahead. I know they will.

I want another shot at USC now that we've choked and got the pressure off. Let it rip with house money

Given Michigan and Clemson shit their pants at the same time we did, it looks good for us to get into the playoff if we win the Pac 12, especially if we get to play SC again and beat them. But for that to happen, we need Wazzu to beat the Buffs and the Buffs to beat the Utes.

On the other hand, the thought of facing SC again with JSFS as our OC scares the shit out of me. Maybe Tedford can be our consultant one more time as Fresno has no more chance for post season ...

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know how possible this is but, I'd like it if somehow uw could play usc in the pac12 title game. Beat them and prove you belong in the playoff. Lose and know your role. Without avenging that loss I don't see a way the committee puts the huskies in the top 4, regardless of how everything else unfolds.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Trey got beat up but Rashim Green is a fucking beast. That's what we are missing to become National Champ contenders. With recent recruiting classes we are getting closer though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trey got beat up but Rashim Green is a fucking beast. That's what we are missing to become National Champ contenders. With recent recruiting classes we are getting closer though.

Agree that Rashim Green and Porter Gustin types are missing and it's hard to be a champion without those type of guys.

It's kind of disappointing that Justiss Warren, Sterk, Potoa'e, etc aren't doing a little better. I know they are redshirt freshmen, but Psalm is terrible. I like O'Brien's motor, but he's a role player that should be playing 10-15 snaps a game not 90% of them.

The lack of pass rush and commitment to rush 4 most the game was annoying, but if we blitzed more, they would have exploited McIntosh and Rapp even more than they already did.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

That was one of the biggest games in program history, and they came out looking soft in those fucked up black bullshit uniforms. We failed to control the lines, and we allowed them to move the ball.

Then when playing half assed got them down by a couple scores, they tightened up and blew several chances to take control of the game.

They showed they can't be the top-4 team they thought they were just by showing up. It's really hard to go unbeaten, but this team had a real chance of doing it, and fucked the dog instead. They'll figure out what they let get away from them, but you can't get that chance back. I had a feeling about this game, and I could hardly watch the dream die a slow, painful, underthrown ball type of death.

Clemson, Michigan and Washington all got a lesson yesterday. So did I - I learned once again how fucking cool that 12-0 1991 team was.

The season isn't lost. Take this loss out on everyone else you play, and these Huskies can be one of the better teams UW has ever had. We'll see how they come back from getting punched in the face like that. I'm hoping for some logger tuff type shit.

Great poast.