Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Slingblade Gets Fired, Right?

Like, he has to. Lambo, Coker, Doba, Solich, etc. were all fired once the great coach's players were gone.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Should have been fired at the end of the pregame Senior Day festivities.
  • Options
    DongJamesDongJames Member Posts: 69
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    At first I thought he'd get another year so they could give Scott Frost another year of experience at UCF.

But they're really fucking bad. He might have to go. They're on their way to being as inept as Oregon State was in the 80s, or WSU in the Doba/Wulff years. They're bowl ineligible after this and that gets you into the same death spiral we were in.

I do think he's gone. This could be a 3-9 year with the only wins over Virginia, UC Davis, and ASU. If they fire him, who do they bring in? They will want a link to the Kelly years, but too soon for Frost to take over a rebuild.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DongJames said:

At first I thought he'd get another year so they could give Scott Frost another year of experience at UCF.

But they're really fucking bad. He might have to go. They're on their way to being as inept as Oregon State was in the 80s, or WSU in the Doba/Wulff years. They're bowl ineligible after this and that gets you into the same death spiral we were in.

I do think he's gone. This could be a 3-9 year with the only wins over Virginia, UC Davis, and ASU. If they fire him, who do they bring in? They will want a link to the Kelly years, but too soon for Frost to take over a rebuild.

I disagree. Chip was an anomaly out of the Rich Brooks tree. Bellotti, Al, Zoom, Greatwood, Campbell, Pellum, and Neal are old men.

Chip, Azz, and Frost were outsiders that weren't there very long and don't seem to have any interest in returning.

They will drain the swamp so to speak.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Billy Bob Thornton could do better. Might as well have the real Slingblade. Fucking loser helfrich. Paid millions to destroy a team.
  • Options
    Canzano just Tweeted Pat Kilkenny wants some radio time at noon on Monday. He should be toast.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I sort of wish whOregon was 5-5. That would probably be enough to keep him.

But this is funny too

They aren't getting a great coach. Chimp was a diamond in the rough.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2016
    Hee gone snowflake. Hee gone.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    The Oregon mega-donor most of you haven't heard from, Pat Kilkenny, is apparently going to be on John Canzano's radio show Monday. Apparently Knight, Kilkenny, Mullens and other Oregon big wigs were seen conferring under the west goal posts during the 4th quarter. They weren't at Helf's post-game "it's on me" presser.

Either the dreaded vote of confidence or he gets shit-canned between now and Canzano's show on Monday.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ^ hell leave a note on the front door of his house. Bye!
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

The Oregon mega-donor most of you haven't heard from, Pat Kilkenny, is apparently going to be on John Canzano's radio show Monday. Apparently Knight, Kilkenny, Mullens and other Oregon big wigs were seen conferring under the west goal posts during the 4th quarter. They weren't at Helf's post-game "it's on me" presser.

Either the dreaded vote of confidence or he gets shit-canned between now and Canzano's show on Monday.

Way to plagiarize my shit fuck-o.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DongJames said:

People forget, Leech still needs to win his next two games and a bowl to catch up to Doba's winning percentage.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DongJames said:

People forget, Leech still needs to win his next two games and a bowl to catch up to Doba's winning percentage.

@DobasD03!!! True???
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Moos is famous for keeping a short list of coaches in his top desk drawer. But, when a guy like Mark Helfrich is suddenly available at the exact moment you find yourself with a vacancy, that list goes right out the window.
  • Options
    One of Oregon's D-Tackles was just busted for meth last night.

Pleade can this fucker and hire PJ Fleck.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam