Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Abandoning the run game

When was the last time we handed the ball off? I was at the game, so I don't know for sure, but I don't know if we ran it past halfway through the third quarter. Seemed like we got down two scores for the first time all season and Babitchka spent the rest of the game trying to call an 11 point bomb.

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can't count how many times I told my buddy sitting next to me "run the ball run the ball run the ball just fucking run it" right before we did some faggy play action pass that took too long to develop. It was miserable.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    it was so fucking dumb. I get that they needed to score quickly.
    But USC still has to respect that possibility. Just down the field shots that Brownsocks kept bungling
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Can't count how many times I told my buddy sitting next to me "run the ball run the ball run the ball just fucking run it" right before we did some faggy play action pass that took too long to develop. It was miserable.

Was doing the same thing but I don't really know the guy next to me...other than that he sits next to me. He's cool but I couldn't really bitch to anyone else since the girl I brought was literally crying the entire second half since she lost her purse. She found it later, but that's what she gets for going to the zone at halftime. Let her and her friend take that trip by themselves; fuck the zone.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    We never even established the run. The few semi successful drives we had we ran the ball.

I hate how every time we get to around midfield we pass on first down. Run on second and than pass again on third down.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

We never even established the run. The few semi successful drives we had we ran the ball.

I hate how every time we get to around midfield we pass on first down. Run on second and than pass again on third down.

Yup. When we did run the ball it was 2nd and 10 and they were ready for it. Let me see Gaskin or Coleman on 1st and 2nd fuck maybe even 3rd down. Let them establish some semblance of a run game. It's useful for more than just running out the clock, J SmithFS.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SmithFS is the devil.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Only one running back on the squad who can line up and hit a hole hard, he got two carries.
    USC was all over Gaskin lining up 10 yards deep
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    If you're going to criticize Smith,then you need to criticize the person who keeps him gainfully employed.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

If you're going to criticize Smith,then you need to criticize the person who keeps him gainfully employed.

True , but Pete shit canned enough people on his staff last year to make me dream