Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    I read that and have no fucking clue what the point was.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    To me, this team is right on the cusp. The results so far this season have been different then years past.

Balderdash - this guy should know better if he was born in '73
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    koopdog said:

I read that and have no fucking clue what the point was.

Sark just needs more time because he's doing it the right way.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't get why some feel the need to defend a very average (at best) coach. This program and its fans have reached ImaLoser territory.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Thanks for the link to DoogNation.

Chris Landon must have duckshit in his eyes if he can't see the program is actually regressing under Sark. Zero evidence? That was once said about the earth not being flat.

I was hoping Don James' death at this time might mean something good. I fear it only means the program he built is now forever dead.

I need new meds. This shit is most vexing.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Those tards keep deleting my poasts.
  • Those tards keep deleting my poasts.

Funny how all Doogs are nazi cunts like that.
  • This piece of shit article is part of the problem. The writer fails to mention that Sark has failed miserably in the most important part of "The Blueprint": "Next, develop the identity of the the team as a whole: the cornerstones would be toughness, fundamentals, defense, and attention to details."

Toughness is hard hitting, playing with an attitude, always competing. 7WS' teams 5 years of 3+ games losing streak by avg of of whatever the fuck pts is not toughness, nor is the general play of his teams. They wouldn't be getting blownout like they do if they were exhibiting toughness. They'd hit somebody in the mouth, like we used to, or @ least show some fucking emotion and get pissed.

Fundamentals: His teams have been plagued by shitty tackling, drive crippling penalties and overall bad decisions, mostly on the part of game day execution and coaching decisions.

Defense: Fielded some of the worse defenses in the history of UW football, ignoring defensive line recruiting and development. Defense was better last year under Wilcox, but 7WS has created so little defensive line depth that we have to switch player positions to get production (Brostek, ASJ, Evan Hudson). This should absolutely not be the case in year 5.

Attention to details: Obvious. Our Special Teams play wouldn't be as bad as it has been under 7WS if he was emphasizing paying attention to detail, our dumb ass penalties that contribute to our losses wouldn't be happening, his game day coaching mistakes wouldn't be happening if he was paying attention to detail.

Oh, and it's "palpable" not "palatable," Mr. Landon. Jesus. They can't spell or write worth shit on that site.

post of the fucking week
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club

This piece of shit article is part of the problem. The writer fails to mention that Sark has failed miserably in the most important part of "The Blueprint": "Next, develop the identity of the the team as a whole: the cornerstones would be toughness, fundamentals, defense, and attention to details."

Toughness is hard hitting, playing with an attitude, always competing. 7WS' teams 5 years of 3+ games losing streak by avg of of whatever the fuck pts is not toughness, nor is the general play of his teams. They wouldn't be getting blownout like they do if they were exhibiting toughness. They'd hit somebody in the mouth, like we used to, or @ least show some fucking emotion and get pissed.

Fundamentals: His teams have been plagued by shitty tackling, drive crippling penalties and overall bad decisions, mostly on the part of game day execution and coaching decisions.

Defense: Fielded some of the worse defenses in the history of UW football, ignoring defensive line recruiting and development. Defense was better last year under Wilcox, but 7WS has created so little defensive line depth that we have to switch player positions to get production (Brostek, ASJ, Evan Hudson). This should absolutely not be the case in year 5.

Attention to details: Obvious. Our Special Teams play wouldn't be as bad as it has been under 7WS if he was emphasizing paying attention to detail, our dumb ass penalties that contribute to our losses wouldn't be happening, his game day coaching mistakes wouldn't be happening if he was paying attention to detail.

Oh, and it's "palpable" not "palatable," Mr. Landon. Jesus. They can't spell or write worth shit on that site.

Nominated.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    IF HH's main competition is Doogfarm, Roof, and these fucking imbeciles, I like our chances for growth.

Get ready to ride this bull market!

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    A slight amount of Husky Football history rewrite is enough to disappoint...... again. Other than trying to somehow link Sarkisian's program to that of Don James, which in inself can only be insulting to Husky heritage, the article isn't so bad to read. A few things, however, need to be refuted (one more time):

First of all, the six seasons prior to Don James taking over from Jim Owens were far far from the mediocrity or low point implied. It's true that the 1969(1-9) and 1973(2-9) seasons were very disappointing, but sandwiched in between those disasters were three of our best years in 1970(6-4), 1971(8-3), and 1972(8-3) when a brash young QB by the name of Sonny Sixkiller and a squad of talented, competitive teammates turned Seattle on it's ear. It was the hardest ticket in town to get and Sixkiller was a national celebrity the likes of which we hadn't seen in Husky football since Hugh McElhenny. The miserable 1973 season cooked Owen's goose when he changed an explosive offense completely after (again) allowing the recruiting to slip during the Sixkiller years and failed to win a single conference game. The 1974(5-6) season prior to Jame's arrival was better, but by then, the change was necessary.

Second, the first four seasons of the Don James era were not the mediocre struggle that so many doogs want to believe when comparing Sark's early Husky career to the Dawgfather's. Up until 1979 when DJ led the Huskies to a win over Texas in the Sun Bowl, Pac-8(turned Pac-10) conference schools were restricted to going only to the Rose Bowl in the post season. In addition to winning the Rose bowl following the 1977(10-2) season, I'm certain both the 1978(7-4) and 1975(6-5 including wins over both UCLA and USC) Huskies would have been invited to bowl games had the Rose Bowl restriction still not been in affect. And who knows but that with the extra practices preparing for a bowl game, DJ might of made enough additional progress from the 1975 postseason to eek out one more win in 1976 and avoid his only losing season in 18 years at Montlake.

So much has changed in college football between the 1975-92 glory years and the past 4.58 years of SarkBall. Although we played a few cupcakes such as San Jose State(thrice) and Pacific(twice) during the Dawgfather era, there were no EWU, Portland State, nor ISU donut holes. On the other hand, the Dawgfather had ten more scholarships, unlimited walk-ons, more grad assistants, a recruiting coordinator separate from the coaching staff, and no practice restrictions. I don't know how many are aware, but I just recently read somewhere that the Pac-12 is the only conference in major college football that restricts full contact scrimmaging practices to only one day a week. If this is true, it's no wonder Sark's Huskies don't block or tackle better when the game clock is running. Other coaches in our conference must be cheating. I believe these differences must mean that a collegiate head football coach these days must be a very efficient, hard working, competent, and a super-manager of his football and conditioning staff as well as a stickler for details, fundamentals, and discipline........ like a Don James.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,481
    Quality stuff here, Tailgater. Looks like author Chris Landon visits the HHB (Changed "palatable" to "palpable"). Good shit.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    I had to quit reading this piece of shit line ... otherwise a down year in the Pac.

Fucking serious?

I bet this guy was sucking Tyrone's BBC because he had lost a RB and was coming to Washington to save the fucking day. Those fucking doogs never admitted Tyrone's RB was the byproduct of a very down year.

How in the flying fuck does someone piss all over Don James less than a week after he dies to support the Sark the Shart.

Fucking Christ.
  • topdawgnc said:

I had to quit reading this piece of shit line ... otherwise a down year in the Pac.

Fucking serious?

I bet this guy was sucking Tyrone's BBC because he had lost a RB and was coming to Washington to save the fucking day. Those fucking doogs never admitted Tyrone's RB was the byproduct of a very down year.

How in the flying fuck does someone piss all over Don James less than a week after he dies to support the Sark the Shart.

Fucking Christ.

I was told by some Doog yesterday that I would have fired James after his second year. Even though I didn't want Carroll fired after year two or even Sark.

These Doogs will make up whatever lies they can to discredit any former UW coach to build up their Sark. They did the same shit with Ty as well.

Fuck em!