Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the Libertarian Party

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Get your shit together. There will be an ongoing opportunity here. Find good candidates. Gary Johnson is a competent man—I think—and ideologically on point. But he's a terrible candidate and feeds the image of tin foil hats. And most of LP candidates are of the same mold.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Idaho football > Libertarian party
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016
    doogie said:

Idaho football > Libertarian party

#Obligatory
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Bigger dreckfest than both the GOP and DNC

Yes, and there's simply no excuse for it.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Get your shit together. There will be an ongoing opportunity here. Find good candidates. Gary Johnson is a competent man—I think—and ideologically on point. But he's a terrible candidate and feeds the image of tin foil hats. And most of LP candidates are of the same mold.

Fuck Gary Johnson. I voted for him in '12. But his running mate wanted fucking carbon taxes and gun control. Libertarian my ass. Then you watch the interview where they ask him about Aleppo and he looks like a 1st grader who just got asked to write an algorithm. And he looked even more stupid when he pretended to know it but 'I thought you were talking about the ACRONYM A.L.E.P.P.O". Yeah...sure, dude.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Johnson made a mockery of libertarian principles. He should have been disqualified for his unintelligible Bake the Cake position, a blatant violation of freedom of association, which clearly demonstrated his unprincipled approach to politics. An effective small-L libertarian, or even a paleoconservative candidate would have to come out of the Republican party - should have been Rand Paul but he backed off his principled approach as a concession for endorsements and donations which undercut his appeal to his fathers base.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016
    the libertarian party can't get out of its own way
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yep, the failure of the Libertarian Party is a highly underrated aspect of this election.

They'll never have a more perfect storm than Trump vs Hillary to assert themselves as a REAL threat to the two party system, and they gave us Gary Fucking Johnson.

Dreckfest.