Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2009 new coaches - how Sark compares

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I don't think Sark injected any enthusiasm into the program other than the over the top adulation by a core of fans that were like battered wives after Tyrone. If season tickets are a barometer, there wasn't an uptick after he took over.

I think to say "at least Sark injected some enthusiasm into the program" is on par with those that said at least Willingham cleaned up the program -- gotta give him credit for that. (I even wrote that in Dec 2007 when publicly pleading for Mora).

Gilbertson's program was cleaner than Willingham's. Check the facts.
    You're talking to a guy who went on to write a bitter, political money grab about it.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mushcamp was never offered. Mora was never pursued in any meaningful way.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

I don't think Sark injected any enthusiasm into the program other than the over the top adulation by a core of fans that were like battered wives after Tyrone. If season tickets are a barometer, there wasn't an uptick after he took over.

I think to say "at least Sark injected some enthusiasm into the program" is on par with those that said at least Willingham cleaned up the program -- gotta give him credit for that. (I even wrote that in Dec 2007 when publicly pleading for Mora).

Disagree. Most people were legitimately excited. Beating USC and almost making a bowl in the first year sustained that excitement as did the run at the end of 2010. Really its a bizarre comparison to Tyrone bc a tiny tiny minority probably said that.

And Damone is full of shit.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2008/11/23/was_muschamp_offered_uw_job/

Swaye's Wigwam
    Mushcamp wasn't offered. That is from "a source" at Washington. You're right about one thing. You don't have inside connections.

"Legitimately" excited? Ok. Based on a kick ass presser, FREE PUB! "Almost" getting to .500, and losing to LSU in what didnt appear to be a blowout. We heard the same shit for the previous 6 or 7 years. From gliby "tuff qiestions", to Tyrone being te molder of men.

Forgive me for wanting to see results on the field before I jizz myself
  • PolkHigh33PolkHigh33 Member Posts: 43
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Disagree, anyone would have injected more enthusiasm than Tyrone and his fucking comportment. He was a God Damn orange cone on the sidelines.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

Disagree, anyone would have injected more enthusiasm than Tyrone and his fucking comportment. He was a God Damn orange cone on the sidelines.
    Then that doesn't say much for Sark given the results
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    TiersHsotBoobs said it best. Real football schools dont INTENTIONALLY hire "transitional" coaches.

It was a bad hire. UW hired a guy with no experience, who hadnt built anything, who didnt know anything about defense, who had always had the best players, who had never had to overcome adversity, who didnt know anyone else in the business (Holt AWESOME!?), who had little leadership experience to rebuild a football program that had just been smashed to bits by 6 years of poor leadership, AND they overpaid for him and his assistants. In 2007 and 2008 almost any fucktard could coach USCs offense, Pete Carrol was running the defense and Sark had every advantage a coordinator could have. Sark wasnt required to even win games. Sarks only job during those two years at USC was to make sure he didnt lose the game for USC while playing with players better than any other pac10 team.

But that is not the worst part, the worst part is that UW has welded their fate to this no name learn on the job savior of our program. The UW AD doesnt view Sark as transitional, they see his fate in theirs. Woodward wont ever fire Sark, ever, because the second he does is the second he loses his own job. Woodward has learned that as long as he doesnt admit defeat the fucktards will continue to hope and shovel him money and praise. Results dont matter, perception and gullibility matters at UW.

7-6 > 7-6

As a side note I do think that someday Sark could become a decent coach. Get fired, head to a smaller school, learn how to be an actual coach rather than a rahrah offensive coordinator, and learn that the details do fucking matter before getting hired to a major program but that wont happen here.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We haven't had a coach who paid attention to detail since the late Don James
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013

Mushcamp wasn't offered. That is from "a source" at Washington. You're right about one thing. You don't have inside connections.

"Legitimately" excited? Ok. Based on a kick ass presser, FREE PUB! "Almost" getting to .500, and losing to LSU in what didnt appear to be a blowout. We heard the same shit for the previous 6 or 7 years. From gliby "tuff qiestions", to Tyrone being te molder of men.

Damone, bro.... What is it with you? Beating USC in 2009 was not exciting and enjoyable for you? We want the same thing when it comes to Husky football, but are you not going to get excited about anything until we win a Rose Bowl again?

Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013

If you can't post without personal attacks you small dicked fucking retards might get your ugly ass run

I've been taking Extenze pills, so hopefully I can at least become a mid sized dick fucking retard in a few weeks.

Swaye's Wigwam

Damone, bro.... What is it with you? Beating USC in 2009 was not exciting and enjoyable for you? We want the same thing when it comes to Husky football, but are you not going to get excited about anything until we win a Rose Bowl again?

Of course beating SC was exiting. So was the holiday bowl. It was exciting beating Stanford. Losing to WSU, getting boat raced by LSU and Oregon..taking a dump against Boise state...not real exciting. Separate yourself from individual games and look at overall patterns in games and direction as a whole. That's what we are discussing, not specific outcomes.

It would be like hitting a couple of good shots in golf. Maybe also bouncing a crappy shot of a rock and have it land and inch from the hole for a tap in par. When the round is over and you look at each hole, the picture that is painted is that I suck at golf. But hey, weren't those 3 or 4 holes exciting?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Props on the golf analogy. I agree with you, the overall picture being painted is far from great.