Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pissed off Pete is why UW wins

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I was expecting an article about Butch Jones
  • Options
    ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm thrilled with the season so far and think peterman has a bunch of strengths but I'm not sure how any fan can feel 100% confident in his clock management

He's clearly learned you can delay the duration of a kneel-down play 3-4 seconds by waiting to take a knee (maybe Jake the football nerd taught him that - so maybe another Arizona 2014 can be avoided) but I'm not sure how you can argue with Sven about how not taking a time out at 20 seconds left created a low-risk, high-upside opportunity for Cal at end of half

It's a total nit but in the big games we aspire to play in it could be a problem - or not at all. Either way it will be interesting...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,145
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm thrilled with the season so far and think peterman has a bunch of strengths but I'm not sure how any fan can feel 100% confident in his clock management

He's clearly learned you can delay the duration of a kneel-down play 3-4 seconds by waiting to take a knee (maybe Jake the football nerd taught him that - so maybe another Arizona 2014 can be avoided) but I'm not sure how you can argue with Sven about how not taking a time out at 20 seconds left created a low-risk, high-upside opportunity for Cal at end of half

It's a total nit but in the big games we aspire to play in it could be a problem - or not at all. Either way it will be interesting...

Throughout the Cal game I was spotting little weaknesses here and there with the subsequent question "is this team ready to handle the big time national stage?"
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Alexis said:

dhdawg said:

Exception: Game management.

He still isn't great at that. See the free shot he gave Cal at the end of the first half last night.

What happened?
    He let the clock run down on fourth down when Cal had the ball around midfield. Dykes took a timeout with 2 seconds left for a free play...then called some bullshit lateral play instead of a Hail Mary.

It obviously didn't matter in this case. If you're going to brag about Peterman's attention to detail, you should acknowledge the glaring exceptions to his attention to detail.
    UW had a 2 touchdown lead and was getting the ball back after the half. why call timeout and risk cal going for it and scoring before the half? It was only 4th and 3 around midfield or so
    You call timeout with 7 seconds left to force them to punt. They didn't want Browning throwing to Ross again before the half.
    They wouldn't have to punt with 7 seconds. Hail Mary takes longer than that

Fine. Go with 12 seconds then.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    "Receiver John Ross, who in a just world would be the Heisman frontrunner, dropped a routine pass on a little out route."

This.

I was just saying this to another Husky Fan during the cal game. Where the fuck is the Heisman chatter for John Ross? This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

"Receiver John Ross, who in a just world would be the Heisman frontrunner, dropped a routine pass on a little out route."

This.

I was just saying this to another Husky Fan during the cal game. Where the fuck is the Heisman chatter for John Ross? This is ridiculous.

Sloppy Tits was jogging and couldn't see
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

dhdawg said:

Exception: Game management.

He still isn't great at that. See the free shot he gave Cal at the end of the first half last night.

What happened?
    He let the clock run down on fourth down when Cal had the ball around midfield. Dykes took a timeout with 2 seconds left for a free play...then called some bullshit lateral play instead of a Hail Mary.

It obviously didn't matter in this case. If you're going to brag about Peterman's attention to detail, you should acknowledge the glaring exceptions to his attention to detail.
    UW had a 2 touchdown lead and was getting the ball back after the half. why call timeout and risk cal going for it and scoring before the half? It was only 4th and 3 around midfield or so
    You call timeout with 7 seconds left to force them to punt. They didn't want Browning throwing to Ross again before the half.
    They wouldn't have to punt with 7 seconds. Hail Mary takes longer than that
    Disagree. LSU called time with 8 seconds left on the clock before half to try this and they failed. Bama got possession with 2 seconds on the clock and had an opportunity to their own hail Mary.
    RN, who was great at clock management, was able, with Tui, to run out 9 seconds at half (rather easily) against ASU in 2000. So yes, it's possible that 8 seconds would work, but why take the chance. Like Boobs said later, make it 12 and take out all doubt.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Passion said:

This.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

This.

Yes!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

This.

It's like UW fans don't follow college football.

The last time a receiver won the Heisman Kenny Wheaton hadn't even invented football yet.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Passion said:

This.

It's like UW fans don't follow college football.

The last time a receiver won the Heisman Kenny Wheaton hadn't even invented football yet.
    Shut the fuck up! This is what SHOuLD happen, not what will happen.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why is the story on the front page twice?

Looks sloppy, don't think Pete would approve of the level of detail.