Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can Psalm graduate and leave now?

13»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

I thought Benning Potoa'e would get more snaps with Mathis continuing to be out and Utah having a big / physical OL but he gave up contain on a run in the 1st half and I barely saw him after that.

I still believe that roughing the passer call on Wooching was horrendous. He didn't knock Williams down and it looked like Williams tripped over his own feet. It was at least the 2nd bailout call by the refs that turned a 4th down into a 1st (the unsportsmanlike penalty that should have been a warning that early in the game or called on both teams was not quite as ridiculous). Those two penalties led to 2 TDs for Utah when they would've kicked an FG on the first and punted on the 2nd if the homer refs hadn't been so eager to help. Game easily could've been 31-13.

He wasn't gonna go down until the olineman knocked psalm off balance which knocked williams down.
    it was atrocious, but predictably boobs defended it
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    O'Brien wasn't great, but he's not Wooching bad. I hope he gets Psalm's snaps once Mathis comes back.

Potato jr is awful right now (he's a DL, a 4-3 DT). What happened to Grundle's Tevis? If he's been playing, he hasn't been doing shit.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

O'Brien wasn't great, but he's not Wooching bad. I hope he gets Psalm's snaps once Mathis comes back.

Potato jr is awful right now (he's a DL, a 4-3 DT). What happened to Grundle's Tevis? If he's been playing, he hasn't been doing shit.

I've watched potato junior several times, praying for a breakthrough.

Nothing.
    @HuskyJW and I have been warning you. Him and big bro were men against boys in high school. I'm hoping Petersen develops him because he's developing a lot of former shitty players, but I'm not counting on it.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, there is still hope left for O'Brien.

As I understand it and with Mathis out, Potoa'e is backing up O'Brien and Bartlett is backing up Wooching. If neither of those guys end up being good pass-rushers in 2017 or beyond, the next best options could be Myles Rice and Amandre Williams (whose dad could probably crush me with a just one arm).
    Passion said:

I've watched potato junior several times, praying for a breakthrough.

Nothing.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tevis has been injured
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

HFNY said:

I thought Benning Potoa'e would get more snaps with Mathis continuing to be out and Utah having a big / physical OL but he gave up contain on a run in the 1st half and I barely saw him after that.

I still believe that roughing the passer call on Wooching was horrendous. He didn't knock Williams down and it looked like Williams tripped over his own feet. It was at least the 2nd bailout call by the refs that turned a 4th down into a 1st (the unsportsmanlike penalty that should have been a warning that early in the game or called on both teams was not quite as ridiculous). Those two penalties led to 2 TDs for Utah when they would've kicked an FG on the first and punted on the 2nd if the homer refs hadn't been so eager to help. Game easily could've been 31-13.

He wasn't gonna go down until the olineman knocked psalm off balance which knocked williams down.
    it was atrocious, but predictably boobs defended it
    You put a QB down after he's thrown, you get flagged.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    A smart player, probably something that P-Salm is not, holds up the QB in that situation.

Winning the defensive player of the week award was the worst thing that could happen to P-Salm.