Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Process versus results

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Process is big these days. Belichick, Saban, Petersen and others are big process guys. But it is not at the expense of results. The process is to get the results you want. To say a coach doesn't care about results only the process gets you Todd Turner and Ty Willingham fucking your program but good.

I am a process guy and always have been. I take a end result and build a process to get to it. Then I demand that my "players" follow that process to get the result.

If they don't get the result they get fired no matter how good they were at the process. And if they have a better way to get the result I don't stop them.

I'm not really a players coach. I'm more of a Jimmy Johnson - if you're a star and make me look good you can fuck the prom queen. If you fuck up and fall asleep in a meeting you get fired.

I've had one guiding philosophy in business - if you're here to cause me problems or make me look bad you won't last long. You can change my process but you better be right.

Its always about results. The scoreboard, the bottom line, the hookers and blow that require a steady income stream. There are different ways to get to the result, different processes, but all that matters is the result. Nobody would be sucking Saban's dick over his process if he was 7-5 every year. (hi Sark!)

Sark had no process and no results and is now a broadcaster. Coaches are different but all successful people share some traits and all losers do as well. The older you get the more you can recognize each.

Petersen has a process that is getting results. The line to bleux him starts here until we lose. Then the coaching search starts. That's our process.

Process is like perspective. Fuck them both and just win.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's all about results but it's all about process because process is what gets results. The reason we? could know Sark was going to fail even when he squeeked out an upset over USC or some shit it was obvious to anyone paying attention his process was shit. The reason we? could know Ty's process was shit before we hired him was because his results were shit.

Peterman's process mostly got great results at Boise. It's starting to get results here. I know this is serious dooging, but I think in two years Pete will be universally considered a top 5 college coach.

Process AND results.

'Bundance.
  • Options
    You forgot having the 43rd ranked schedule as a key to success. I guess scheduling is a process so it makes sense.