Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big recruiting week

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

There's always some attrition and what not ... but barring more guys leaving early we're not going to get that many more spots available.

One thing to keep in mind when thinking that we're going to have this guy and that guy and whatnot leaving, there comes a point where you have to start doing the math on how many players leave versus where they get picked. My general feeling is that if you aren't a Top 3 round selection, there's no compelling reason to leave early.

You could lose your starting job ala DWash
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Are any recroots visiting this week? I have no idea how that stuff works, but there are some things that I do know.... which is that the Atlanta Falcons are going to spend the week in Seattle and practice at UW, and you can bet your ass that their coaches will come check out our practices. Seeing NFL coaches kicking the tires on our? players at practice can't be a bad thing.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    UW practices Wed/Sun this week. Dan Quinn has visited with the UW staff in the offseason. I don't think their will be any visits this week since our coaches will all be on the road Thursday-Saturday recruiting.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    Standard Supporter
    Got it... so then the Falcons coaches will probably observe some practice on Wednesday.
    And hopefully our players can watch some Falcons practices too.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

I used to love suddenly senioring guys, but I changed when Conor O'Brien became a guy that plays well for the #5 team in the country.

I was against Suddenly Senioring before I was for it before I was against it.
    NEGAS TRUE?!?!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

When Ty did the suddenly senior there were two main problems

1. It was before playing a shitty Stanford team and blew any chance at an easy win over a shit opponent by pissing off the team

2. Willingham sucked as a coach

If Don James (hi glove) or Nick Saban sit you down and tell you that you won't cut it at this level you listen. And you LEAVE

Same for Petersen now.

Willingham embarrassed those players. On purpose. He was a petty vengeful fuck

well, then thank gawd Emmert's office made sure that Mr. Wonderful gets a seat on the selection committee! Willingham is simply synonymous with objectivity.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

This. And one of them was one of the only defensive players with a pulse.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

When Ty did the suddenly senior there were two main problems

1. It was before playing a shitty Stanford team and blew any chance at an easy win over a shit opponent by pissing off the team

2. Willingham sucked as a coach

Hard to express how much I hate that man.
    lets not forget TW's biggest win was over Chris Petersen

Lambo plungered Saban
    And I spent time with my family on Christmas rather than watch. Fucking Lambo I didn't care by then