Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New advanced, analytical PAC 12 rankings are out

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,789
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited October 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
1. Washington
2. EWU
3. WSU

4. Archbishop Murphy

Comments

• Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Love it. Pac-12 is a complete dreckfest. Has it ever been this terrible? Utah is the only other ranked team now right?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My boise broncos just don't get enough credit
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016
    gmo said:

Love it. Pac-12 is a complete dreckfest. Has it ever been this terrible? Utah is the only other ranked team now right?

It's full of a lot of good, not great teams.

Cal and USC are tuff at home, Colorado and ASU are decent, Utah is good, Wazzu is dangerous week to week.

If Washington can run the table it will be impressive and the DAWGS will make the playoffs. Best case scenario Utah goes 10-3, with two losses to us. One at home one in CCG
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

1. Washington
    2. EWU
    3. WSU

4. Archbishop Murphy

Can you do my calcus homework?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

gmo said:

It's full of a lot of bad, not great teams.

Cal and USC are tuff at home, Colorado and ASU are decent, Utah is good, Wazzu is dangerous week to week.

If Washington can run the table it will be impressive and the DAWGS will make the playoffs. Best case scenario Utah goes 10-3, with two losses to us. One at home one in CCG
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,216
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

gmo said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but Utah can't lose twice to the same opponent.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WSU just blew out the defending champs at home after losing to EWU and Boise.

This conference is UW and the 11 dwarves right now. 9-0 or GTFO.
  • Options
    Founders Club

gmo said:

Agreed. What is going to get interesting is if UW runs the regular season table and then loses to a 2-loss Utah in the Pac-12 champ game. I think the committee goes with a 1-loss Michigan (only loss to Ohio State) and a 1-loss Louisville over the Huskies. I wouldn't blame them considering our OOC and how bad the Pac-12 is this year. If our stupid administration had scheduled one real out of conference game we would have a case...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016

gmo said:

gmo said:

Agreed. What is going to get interesting is if UW runs the regular season table and then loses to a 2-loss Utah in the Pac-12 champ game. I think the committee goes with a 1-loss Michigan (only loss to Ohio State) and a 1-loss Louisville over the Huskies. I wouldn't blame them considering our OOC and how bad the Pac-12 is this year. If our stupid administration had scheduled one real out of conference game we would have a case...
    If Washington can't beat the tallest midget from the LOADED South on a neutral field, they don't belong in the playoffs.

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.
    deserve, 100% agree... the interesting part is the 2nd best team in a conference getting in over the best team in the Pac-12. I think they should, I just know that many have called for conference "champions" to get in in those scenarios. I personally think the tournament should go to six teams which would really solve both issues (best 4 and major conference champs) most years. That said, if UW lost a game this year I would still put 6 other teams ahead them currently.....