Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

San Diego Union Tribune hasn't endorsed a democrat for president in 148 years, until today

OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Their editorial board fears that Trump would be America’s Hugo Chávez

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-hillary-clinton-endorsement-for-president-20160929-story.html

But at least Trump still has that National Enquirer endorsement...

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    More pointless drivel
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    So people who get paid to deceive and manipulate don't want Trump to be president. Got it.

So people who get paid to deceive and manipulate don't want Trump to be president. Got it.

Huh? You are suggesting the editors of the vast majority of the nations news papers are paid to deceive?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Good think we have the National Enquirer to save us...
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2016
    It's not black and white. You can write an article that is 100% (legally) factual, but is structured and worded in a way to sway(e?) the reader's opinion.

Here's an example from this very website.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/theater/sd-me-review-trumpcard-20161004-story.html

That’s because Trump has demonstrated how a candidacy that breaks all the rules (and bursts the brain cells of half the nation) can still succeed in racing right to the verge of ultimate power.
    Look at this bold part. Completely unnecessary in a NEWS article. This is not an opinion piece, yet for some reason it's fine to include bullshit like this. Seriously, "breaks all the rules?" Or could they have worded it "does things differently"? Yes, they could have, but why do that when "breaks all the rules" makes him sound like a bad person?

Here's another paragraph:
    Actually, that’s not quite Daisey talking in “The Trump Card”: It’s him portraying the specter of Roy Cohn, the lawyer and McCarthyist linchpin who became Trump’s attorney and longtime adviser after the government accused the developer in 1973 of racial discrimination in housing.
    Could have ended the sentence before the bolded part. But, you just can't miss an opportunity to take a jab at a guy you don't want to be president!

One more example:
    First of all, Daisey — who notes at the top of the show that he’s an artist and thus “a professional liar” — admits he admires Trump’s performative flair and instincts for improv.
    Uh oh...Looks like this guy said something positive about Trump! Let's make sure to precede that by mentioning how he claims to be a "professional liar" so that the readers will think he's lying about the positive thing he said about Trump.

Oh, but then let's not mention how he claimed to be a professional liar before he said this...
    He adds, “You’ll be shocked to learn Donald Trump is not working for your vote.”
    This writer is well aware of the attention span of his readers...

Seriously, this is so EASY for me to see. I should start a website dedicated to pointing out all this bullshit.

Standard Supporter
    Trump, if you're reading this, consider hiring me as part of your campaign staff.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    How many bonafide criminals have we had on the ballot in that time span? That Hillary is a criminal is well known that her supporters don't care tells me why our nation is so fucked up.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It's not black and white. You can write an article that is 100% (legally) factual, but is structured and worded in a way to sway(e?) the reader's opinion.

Here's an example from this very website.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/theater/sd-me-review-trumpcard-20161004-story.html

That’s because Trump has demonstrated how a candidacy that breaks all the rules (and bursts the brain cells of half the nation) can still succeed in racing right to the verge of ultimate power.
    Look at this bold part. Completely unnecessary in a NEWS article. This is not an opinion piece, yet for some reason it's fine to include bullshit like this. Seriously, "breaks all the rules?" Or could they have worded it "does things differently"? Yes, they could have, but why do that when "breaks all the rules" makes him sound like a bad person?

Here's another paragraph:
    Actually, that’s not quite Daisey talking in “The Trump Card”: It’s him portraying the specter of Roy Cohn, the lawyer and McCarthyist linchpin who became Trump’s attorney and longtime adviser after the government accused the developer in 1973 of racial discrimination in housing.
    Could have ended the sentence before the bolded part. But, you just can't miss an opportunity to take a jab at a guy you don't want to be president!

One more example:
    First of all, Daisey — who notes at the top of the show that he’s an artist and thus “a professional liar” — admits he admires Trump’s performative flair and instincts for improv.
    Uh oh...Looks like this guy said something positive about Trump! Let's make sure to precede that by mentioning how he claims to be a "professional liar" so that the readers will think he's lying about the positive thing he said about Trump.

Oh, but then let's not mention how he claimed to be a professional liar before he said this...
    He adds, “You’ll be shocked to learn Donald Trump is not working for your vote.”
    This writer is well aware of the attention span of his readers...

Seriously, this is so EASY for me to see. I should start a website dedicated to pointing out all this bullshit.

That's an opinion piece about a play, not a news article.

HTH
    Standard Supporter
    Just testing to see if anybody actually reads my posts.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So let me see if I have this right ...

There are a boatload of companies, media, agencies, etc. that RARELY endorse a Presidential candidate but are in this election ...

The person that seemingly all of these people are endorsing is in a tight race with this person that is considered by so many to be unqualified for the job ...

What does that say about the other person in the race?
    Tequilla said:

So let me see if I have this right ...

There are a boatload of companies, media, agencies, etc. that RARELY endorse a Presidential candidate but are in this election ...

The person that seemingly all of these people are endorsing is in a tight race with this person that is considered by so many to be unqualified for the job ...

What does that say about the other person in the race?

It says that Trump is such a fucktard, these organizations are willing to endorse a (D) to prevent him from getting close to the White House.

Great question.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Just testing to see if anybody actually reads my posts.

I skimmed it. Seemed like you were defending Trump so up voted.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2016
    Does Ozone realize that the more the media endorses Clinton, the more it helps Trump right?

This would be great news for Ozone, if this campaign followed traditional rules. People trust the media less than they trust either of these candidates. During this campaign, a media endorsement of Hillary Clinton is worth nothing.

Does Ozone realize that the more the media endorses Clinton, the more it helps Trump right?

This would be great news for Ozone, if this campaign followed traditional rules. People trust the media less than they trust either of these candidates. During this campaign, a media endorsement of Hillary Clinton is worth nothing.

I don't think it will affect voting. I think it is a good predictor of the mood of the nation. And the mood is that Trump is such a huge dumbfuck that everybody who is anybody is against him.
    edited October 2016
    OZONE said:

I don't think it will affect voting. I think it is a good predictor of the mood of the nation. And the mood is that Trump is such a huge dumbfuck that everybody who is anybody is against him.
    The reason for these endorsements OZONE is that most of these publications were never with Trump, they just never thought he had a chance. But since polls show Trump actually has a decent chance of winning, they are in panic mode and grasping at straws to change the public's mind.

The media hasn't represented to voice of the people for years. They are just like any other business. There are a couple of influential bodies that push their agenda.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

OZONE said:

The reason for these endorsements OZONE is that most of these publications were never with Trump, they just never thought he had a chance. But since polls show Trump actually has a decent chance of winning, they are in panic mode and grasping at straws to change the public's mind.

The media hasn't represented to voice of the people for years. They are just like any other business. There are a couple of influential bodies that push their agenda.
    Polls show trump with decent chance of winning, lol. He's behind, fighting to fend off landslide numbers at this point. And he's fallen even farther behind in the two weeks since these endorsements started coming out. There you go again (every post) with that poorly educated white trash schtick.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You CANT make this stuff up

OZONE said:

Polls show trump with decent chance of winning, lol. He's behind, fighting to fend off landslide numbers at this point. And he's fallen even farther behind in the two weeks since these endorsements started coming out. There you go again (every post) with that poorly educated white trash schtick.
    If you have to talk about how well educated you are, you're most likely not. HTH

OZONE said:

Don't know if you've heard, but Clinton just took the lead in Arizona.

Maybe you are only looking at the polls that Trump tweets out at 3am?