Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just watching the game again.

I swear the white boy said "all I saw was death row"

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2016

One of the few rated Friday games ever on ESPN nationally

But still...
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016
    AIRWOLF said:

I couldn't get over how big time the atmosphere looked on TV. I was at the game and it was definitely loud and the stadium was full, but it looked even better on TV.

Don't tell anybody that the first three games had easily 25,000 fewer in attendance...

If they can finally turn the corner and get the right crowds in there, that place is plain nasty for opponents. Back in the day, a lot of opposing coaches complained about how much the noise at Husky Stadium tilted the game. Friday night during the after game presser, Peterman had a glow going from the atmosphere. You know he was sporting serious doog wood from it and wants to see that for every game. It makes a difference in the win column.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

I couldn't get over how big time the atmosphere looked on TV. I was at the game and it was definitely loud and the stadium was full, but it looked even better on TV.

Don't tell anybody that the first three games had easily 25,000 fewer in attendance...

I'm hearing that the atmosphere wasn't anywhere close to the Clink (ILTCITC) when our Hawks take the field.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I know Stanford's CB's were out, but Ross' separation from them stood out. His 10 yard out routes were basically on air.

Stanford's CB's were so scared of getting beat deep that they barely even attempted to cover him because of the cushion they had to give him.

The reverse against Arizona didn't look like it would be a TD. He's too fast for everyone.

On the obvious deep ball, Ross was gliding past them even though they knew where he was going. He had 4 catches for 82 yards and two PI calls.

I'm telling you, a run heavy offense with Ross, Charlie McClutchins, and Pettis could be borderline unstoppable. The talent is evident.

I love Gaskin, but Coleman might actually be better. That's a crazy thought.

Disagree.

Coleman's been the biggest surprise of the year for me (even more than Wooching). The dude was completely worthless before the season, now he's a top 6 or 8 RB in the conference.

He's not Gaskin though. He doesn't have Gaskin's vision or ability to make people miss. He showed on multiple runs in the Arizona games that he does not have exquisite average hips. He's a one cut, downhill runner who needs the line to gash open a hole for him. When they do, he's a nightmare for DB's to try and bring down.

Coleman is outplaying Gaskin right now because he's been more decisive, but I think Gaskin will still put it together and be the right behind Freeman and McCaffrey for best RB in the conference.

But still, two top 8 RB's is incredible. Coleman's development makes me Bhonerpoppa
    I would obviously choose Gaskin, so I agree. I just never thought there would be a day that I was excited when Coleman was on the field.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    coleman's feet have gotten so much quicker, he doesn't seem like the same guy. He's making one cut and hitting the hole hard. Seemed like he ran scared last year, but not the case this year.

He's the perfect counter punch to Gaskin's patience and slipperiness, and I bet we get a heavy dose of him with Oregon in the second half as I think he'll have the same success as he had with Arizona.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

coleman's feet have gotten so much quicker, he doesn't seem like the same guy. He's making one cut and hitting the hole hard. Seemed like he ran scared last year, but not the case this year.

He's the perfect counter punch to Gaskin's patience and slipperiness, and I bet we get a heavy dose of him with Oregon in the second half as I think he'll have the same success as he had with Arizona.

Watching the WSU v Oregon game, Gaskin and Coleman should both have huge nights. Same with Ross, Pettis and McClatcher. If the Huskies defense doesn't over pursue and bite on those read option plays, this game won't be close. If they do, it's going to be a more embarrassing version of the Arizona game.