Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's October 1

DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
And the season isn't over yet. We didn't fuck up in the first three games. We handled business. We got a monkey off our back beating Arizona in the desert. We punched Stanford in the face repeatedly. They bled. A lot! We are running down hill hard and angry. We aren't praying for miracles. We are flipping the script and showcasing the new playbook. The old school ways. Defense. Running. Putting the QB in situations where he can succeed. No more hand outs. We can take what we want. It's time to eat duck and UW is hungry.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm pretty sure the players are more hungry and upset about Oregon than we are to be honest. So I can imagine #36 will have that defense fire up and ready to go.
    The offense knows they are running against a soft team.
    Blow out in Eugene. Utah and WSU scares me especially if this team is undefeated. Will they tighten up, try to do too much, will brownsocks show up, will smithFS come out, WILL THE FUCKING LINDY PACKAGE BE UNPACKAGED
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,305
    Founders Club

I'm pretty sure the players are more hungry and upset about Oregon than we are to be honest. So I can imagine #36 will have that defense fire up and ready to go.
    Blow out in Eugene. Utah and WSU scares me especially if this team is undefeated. Will they tighten up, try to do too much, will brownsocks show up, will smithFS come out, WILL THE FUCKING LINDY PACKAGE BE UNPACKAGED

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of these players were about six years old the last time UW beat Oregon. We've suffered through the dozen year drought. The current players don't know the long term history of hatred etc.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of these players were about six years old the last time UW beat Oregon. We've suffered through the dozen year drought. The current players don't know the long term history of hatred etc.
    These guys have never beat Oregon though, that has to weigh on them. Even the Coogs have beat Oregon
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

These guys have never beat Oregon though, that has to weigh on them. Even the Coogs have beat Oregon
    Yep. They hear about it every damn day. I remember being at the recruiting banquet after they hired Petersen and some old blue hair asked "this is all fine and good but when are you gonna beat Oregon".

They get this.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I know we're all pumped up and everything, but October is where our season goes to die. We need to get through October before anything has actually changed.