Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies Football: Biggest UW Win Since Miami 2000

2»

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to watch the game again. The very first play of the game basically told us what to expect. Really reminded me of the seahawks defense of their super bowl year. Every game all you needed was that big Kam hit and you knew the other guys were not ready for what was to come
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Technically with a post-1982 birth I'm considered a Millennial, and I was actually at the 2000 Miami game. These were the days when UW cheerleaders and band members would tour the stadium during the game. I remember being in the south side upper deck and I'm not lying when I tell you we had some real burners on the cheer squad that year. And they wore very short skirts that you could take a glance underneath as they made their way up the stairs on the second level. Cool story I know

See, See! We were better off when we fat-shamed.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

God damn.

It was a great game and a huge win.

But God damn, we are getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Im pretty sure I said washington was going to beat stanford to send husky fans over the edge only to come crashing back down to earth after beatings at the hands of the big brother ducks and those pesky sundevils, I just didn't think the majority of the hardcore husky boards was going to fall in to the trap.

It's not good when phineas of all fucking people is hitting the nail on the head here. We may have to make hardcorehusky.forumotion.com after this prediction comes to true. Christ.

Fuck you for wilting my sweatpants boner.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

That was a fun game to watch last night, but damn, comparing last night's beat down of a beaten up Stanford team to beating Miami in 2000 is way off base. That 2000 Miami team was a National Championship caliber team loaded with a record number of future NFL players. Stanford v2016 is nowhere near the same caliber. Peterman clearly has the Huskies on an upward trajectory, arguably ahead of schedule, but this article is "getting a bit over your skis".

The most impressive thing last night was watching the Huskies bully the bullies in a truly dominating performance. Hopefully the young Husky fans in attendance got a good taste of what Husky Stadium is like when the Dawgs field a real Husky team and take apart a good opponent. It can be among the best (and most addictive) college football experiences anywhere when they've got it cranked up.

What do you have against Doogs with sweatpants boners? Can I at least have 24 hrs of wood before you flash a Hillary photo in front of my dick?
    El oh el! I have nothing against doog boners, I was sporting one last night myself. BTW, you're supposed to see a doctor if they last more than four hours. @priapism can hook you up with a clinician.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

So let's see...

bigger than winning a Rose Bowl.

The next season UW beat #11 Michigan, #9 Washington State and #10 Stanford. But I'm hearing that team was an embarrassment and the first signs that Rick sucked.

Then you have the next year where Washington beat both rivals, Oregon and #3 Washington State. This win is obviously much bigger than beating the number 3 team in the country that also happens to be your in state rival in their house though. Obviously.

Now we hit the Keith Gilbertson era and he never beat a top 10 team, I mean that's ridiculous. Except for the time he beat #8 Washington State. But that win isn't as good because it was the end of the season against a team that had actually earned a top 10 ranking not against a Stanford team early in the year that hasn't actually done anything to earn their ranking.

I will concede that the win was bigger than any win under Tyrone Willingham.

Then we have the Sarkisian seasons. Wins over #3 USC, #16 Nebraska team that everyone thought was better than that, #8 Stanford, and #7 Oregon State.

Hey, good for you guys if Peterman is the guy but there have been a lot of wins over a lot of top 10 teams that amounted to a whole lotta nothing the last 15 years.

Feel free to doog it up. I'll be the guy at the end of the season saying I told you so.

We? got plungered by Oregon State and Miami in '01, then turned into losers forever in the Holiday Bowl against Texas. I don't really give a fuck about the 'huge' victories over those teams.

Also you fucking ass hat, we haven't gone 5-0 since '92. You think that matters? Fucking right it does.

We? won't get plungered this season and we fucking destroyed a top-10 team.

God, you're fucking retarded to pull out this fucking Skippy love bullshit. Skippy won because he had LAMBO TUFF players that he made the game fun again for. Once they left it was over. Skippy has never been a good coach anywhere.

Only Doogs are afraid of disappointment. I know you are scared to love again.

Also - people forget than in 2000 our big win over CO on the road ended up being over a shitty team as was USC '90.
    Fuck off pumpy
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,605
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was 9 when we last won the rose bowl. This is cool
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I was 9 when we last won the rose bowl. This is cool

I was there.