Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies Football: Biggest UW Win Since Miami 2000

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageWashington Huskies Football: Biggest UW Win Since Miami 2000

Millennials of Hardcore Husky, rejoice! Your loyalty has finally been rewarded.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016
    God damn.

It was a great game and a huge win.

But God damn, we are getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Im pretty sure I said washington was going to beat stanford to send husky fans over the edge only to come crashing back down to earth after beatings at the hands of the big brother ducks and those pesky sundevils, I just didn't think the majority of the hardcore husky boards was going to fall in to the trap.

It's not good when phineas of all fucking people is hitting the nail on the head here. We may have to make hardcorehusky.forumotion.com after this prediction comes to true. Christ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Technically with a post-1982 birth I'm considered a Millennial, and I was actually at the 2000 Miami game. These were the days when UW cheerleaders and band members would tour the stadium during the game. I remember being in the south side upper deck and I'm not lying when I tell you we had some real burners on the cheer squad that year. And they wore very short skirts that you could take a glance underneath as they made their way up the stairs on the second level. Cool story I know

"Real burners" ?

I don't believe you're a millenial at all. I don't think "real burners" is or has ever been a thing
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So let's see...

bigger than winning a Rose Bowl.

The next season UW beat #11 Michigan, #9 Washington State and #10 Stanford. But I'm hearing that team was an embarrassment and the first signs that Rick sucked.

Then you have the next year where Washington beat both rivals, Oregon and #3 Washington State. This win is obviously much bigger than beating the number 3 team in the country that also happens to be your in state rival in their house though. Obviously.

Now we hit the Keith Gilbertson era and he never beat a top 10 team, I mean that's ridiculous. Except for the time he beat #8 Washington State. But that win isn't as good because it was the end of the season against a team that had actually earned a top 10 ranking not against a Stanford team early in the year that hasn't actually done anything to earn their ranking.

I will concede that the win was bigger than any win under Tyrone Willingham.

Then we have the Sarkisian seasons. Wins over #3 USC, #16 Nebraska team that everyone thought was better than that, #8 Stanford, and #7 Oregon State.

Hey, good for you guys if Peterman is the guy but there have been a lot of wins over a lot of top 10 teams that amounted to a whole lotta nothing the last 15 years.

Feel free to doog it up. I'll be the guy at the end of the season saying I told you so.

Last night's game reminded me a lot of sarks Nebraska bowl. I know I know, it was a meaningless game, I know I know Nebraska didn't want to be there, all I can remember though is washington laying the lumber to the cornhuskers, which not a single soul thought would happen, while avenging a humiliating defeat earlier in the season. I don't remember how I felt during that game but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't feel better than even last night (which was absolutely awesome)
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Really embarrassing stuff from @Hardcore_Husky
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like how a guy who was too busy stalking teenage boys to watch the huskies play is commenting on how big of a win the game was. Fairweather cunt
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I do love how all the kids are echoing and preaching what petersen is saying though. Beating stanford is not enough. It's not an accomplishment. It's a win. There are things to clean up and more to do. The team sounds like a unit. I love you sark but damn, the difference in how petersen coaches is all too obvious. Really though, what did sark actually do as head coach? He hired his staff and just texted in during practice and meetings. What a fucking disaster
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    We're not likely as good as we look (or Stanford isn't), but still yuge win.

On National TV meaning we're being discussed including by recruits.

It was a physical domination of the most physical P12 team.

It shows Peterman has us headed n the right direction.

This team has something like 66freshmen and soph.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ever notice those hearts chincredible s are really facing hard to put your finger on. When you are in the throwing back Zima all night? It's hard
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Ever notice those hearts chincredible s are really facing hard to put your finger on. When you are in the throwing back Zima all night? It's hard

Voted down for drinking Zima