Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#10 AP - Discuss

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016

I think they're a top 25 team at this point, but #10 is way too high. Just my 0.02, but at least the very least Tennessee, Florida State, Ole Miss and Michigan State should be ranked ahead of them, and probably Utah, Arkansas and Florida as well.

I AGREE BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?

Fucking retarded arguing our team should be lower. Fucking loser talk.

Who fucking cares?

It's better for us to be ranked higher so fuck you. Fuck this fucking bullshit. You think it's better for us to be recruiting this week as a top 10 team or as #19?

Fuck this stupid shit.
    Christ. Take another Percocet and chill. OP is "#10 AP - Discuss", just offering up an opinion. Rankings mean fuckall until Dec 4.
    the end.
    They're going to mean something to four teams, and yes, I know those rankings are from the selection committee, but don't kid yourself, AP rankings at that time of the season carry some weight.
    Fine, but we aren't going to be one of those 4 teams. And not being one of those 4 teams doesn't mean shit to me. I wanted to see 10 wins this year. That is real progress. We'll lose a couple, but if we hit 10 wins we are in new territory.

I just don't really care where we are ranked or whatever. It's good for recruiting for us to be ranked high, so fuck it. I hope we finish the season 10-2 and ranked 11th or something. Other than that, who gives a fuck?
    Reasonable and respectable expectations, can't argue with that.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Washington beats stanford.

Washington loses to Oregon and asu.

Losses to Stanford, @ Oregon, @ Utah and ASU wouldn't be shocking at this point.
    I think we end up 6-3 and next season will be special. We might even beat Oregon.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

We beat Oregon rather easily. Prukop is not that great of a runner. Dawkins mobility is what killed us...we would have destroyed Arizona if they started Anu. It honestly seemed like we didnt prep that much for a mobile QB
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'd put Wake Forest above UW at this point
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

phineas said:

Losses to Stanford, @ Oregon, @ Utah and ASU wouldn't be shocking at this point.
    I think we end up 6-3 and next season will be special. We might even beat Oregon.
    I'm thinking more like @Dennis_DeYoung, 7-2 should be the expectation, but I wouldn't be shocked with a 5-4 season.

Regardless of the circumstances and match ups, that was a beat up Arizona team that had trouble with Grambling, and somehow took UW to OT. I don't get glossing over this narrow victory against a beat up mediocre team anymore than I get glossing over a shit third quarter against FCS PSU that foretold the lack of mental preparation and attention the Huskies started with in Tucson. Maybe they got the message. Maybe they didn't. We'll see, starting Friday.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    mobey said:

DJ had a career winning percentage at UW of .712. To hit that number we'd have to be somewhere around 8-4 to 9-3.

In 77, yr three under DJ, we lost to Miss St who ended up 5-6 before forfeiting all games, beat San Jose St who ended 4-7, lost to Syracuse who ended 6-5 and lost to Minnesota who ended 7-5, to start the season 1-3.

Of course we went on to upset heavily favored Michigan in the RB.

Perspective.

Had we not won a natty with Don James, people would remember him for all the 3-4 loss seasons he had from time to time.

He gets worse every year
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

mobey said:

DJ had a career winning percentage at UW of .712. To hit that number we'd have to be somewhere around 8-4 to 9-3.

In 77, yr three under DJ, we lost to Miss St who ended up 5-6 before forfeiting all games, beat San Jose St who ended 4-7, lost to Syracuse who ended 6-5 and lost to Minnesota who ended 7-5, to start the season 1-3.

Perspective.

Had we not won a natty with Don James, people would remember him for all the 3-4 loss seasons he had from time to time.

He gets worse every year
    Disagree. He finished 1st or 2nd in conference more often than not. Winning the natty elevated him, for sure, especially with a team that was one of the best in CFB history, but his legacy was already cemented.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129

MelloDawg said:

mobey said:

Perspective.

He gets worse every year
    Disagree. He finished 1st or 2nd in conference more often than not. Winning the natty elevated him, for sure, especially with a team that was one of the best in CFB history, but his legacy was already cemented.
    All before Arizona was serious about football and there were 10-12 teams in the conference.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mariner fans relive the 90s less than husky fans talk about the Don James days. It's time to move on.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Fine with me. I think we are probably about the 12th-20th best team in the cuntry, but it doesn't fucking matter so why should I care?

Top 10 match up at Husky Stadium with a team that we've played close for 5 years in a row (save for last year when we didn't have our QB)? Fuck yeah. It'll be an interesting game.

And, #thescript was that we lose at Zona. We are now off #thescript.

Also - if we lose to Stanford and Oregon and win the rest of our games, I'll be happy as shit.

But, we match up well against Stanford... so we shall see.

I had us? at 12, behind Ole Miss and Wisconsin.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Mariner fans relive the 90s less than husky fans talk about the Don James days. It's time to move on.

Disagree
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    phineas said:

Overlapping fan bases
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    I thought we were probably somewhere between 12 and 15 before the season started, and if they proved they could creep up to seventh or eighth by winning orgames like this, maybe even fifth or sixth, that seemed realistic. Teams ahead of *us* lost so we moved up. I'm OK with that now that they actually beat a sort of real team on the road.

It's not 1988 anymore. There's more parity. Even Bammer gives up 40 point games. Wisconsin barely beat some Sun Belt or FCS fodder at home last week and I believe they're top ten too. Sorry guys, you're not going to go to Arizona Stadium and win 59-7 very often. They have enough talent to make it a game. I did expect a 14-17 point win, but that freaking back-up really bailed them out a lot. If this game is played on November 24th and "we" keep improving, we win this by at least ten.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I think they're a top 25 team at this point, but #10 is way too high. Just my 0.02, but at least the very least Tennessee, Florida State, Ole Miss and Michigan State should be ranked ahead of them, and probably Utah, Arkansas and Florida as well.

Who fucking cares?

It's better for us to be ranked higher so fuck you. Fuck this fucking bullshit. You think it's better for us to be recruiting this week as a top 10 team or as #19?

Fuck this stupid shit.
    Christ. Take another Percocet and chill. OP is "#10 AP - Discuss", just offering up an opinion. Rankings mean fuckall until Dec 4.
    the end.
    They're going to mean something to four teams, and yes, I know those rankings are from the selection committee, but don't kid yourself, AP rankings at that time of the season carry some weight.
    Like the time Ohio State was number 6 in the polls then won the natty.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Who fucking cares?

Fuck this stupid shit.
    the end.
    Like the time Ohio State was number 6 in the polls then won the natty.
    Ya, like then. 6 is close enough to justify a two position jump. Had they been 10, no way do they get selected.
  • Options
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

phineas said:

I'm thinking more like @Dennis_DeYoung, 7-2 should be the expectation, but I wouldn't be shocked with a 5-4 season.

Regardless of the circumstances and match ups, that was a beat up Arizona team that had trouble with Grambling, and somehow took UW to OT. I don't get glossing over this narrow victory against a beat up mediocre team anymore than I get glossing over a shit third quarter against FCS PSU that foretold the lack of mental preparation and attention the Huskies started with in Tucson. Maybe they got the message. Maybe they didn't. We'll see, starting Friday.
    I don't know how to stress this enough: we had not beaten a team like AZ on the road as an undefeated team since 2000. There is a reason for that. Any win there was huge.

If you are looking at it from a 'how did we play football?' standpoint you are fucking it up.

It was clear last night that our struggle was mental, not physical. Getting over that hump is big.

I don't get why people can't see that. That was a game that me and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi have been pointing to for 6 months as a key to our progress. People were picking us to win by 30 and I laughed.

I knew that would be a struggle, and it was, but we won. It's a big fucking deal. I'm sorry we're not Bama yet, but we have not done shit on the road as an undefeated team since our last Rose Bowl.

I don't understand why people can't get that through their heads. The issue with our team is that we are mentally weak. Pete's #1 task is to get our team confident enough to play to their abilities in big games.

If that's a win - great. If we aren't as good as the other team - so be it.

But we have artificially lost games for the last 15 years because we don't believe we can win and we blow games. Changing that is priority #1.
    LIPO. We'll see what they're made of over the next two weeks.