Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your biggest worry as we* enter conference play?

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Coaching (Janet Reno/Abundance)

Stanford might run off tackle right at psalm every time he's on the field

I would. Victor and Keyshawn wouldn't be able to save him every time.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Mathis or Psalm. Wouldn't you run right at em?
    I'm run right over them. BHAM!!!!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Running offense (Janet Reno/Abundance)

Poor Janet Reno form. Should be an option not all encompassing abundance.

Reno, sell the couch, chincredible...
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Coaching is always a concern, but aside from that, our running game is unproven. Smart Pac 12 opponents will just play to stop the pass, since we can't run worth a shit yet.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Pass Defense (Janet Reno/Abundance)
    Thump said:

Coaching is always a concern, but aside from that, our running game is unproven. Smart Pac 12 opponents will just play to stop the pass, since we can't run worth a shit yet.

Ummmmmmm.... I highly doubt defenses will do that. The aim for opposing defenses will be to stop Gaskin, no matter how we looked running the football in preseason.

If they do what you say we could actually be in for a #Special year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I chose schedule difficulty because it concerns me all we have played so far are bunch a paraplegic jellyfish.

Can the whole Janet Reno thing DIAFF already?

Again, those LSU and Oklahoma games really made the Huskies better.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

Ummmmmmm.... I highly doubt defenses will do that. The aim for opposing defenses will be to stop Gaskin, no matter how we looked running the football in preseason.

If they do what you say we could actually be in for a #Special year.
    I've seen nothing from our team yet to think that our running game will be anything special.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Fug it. I post my own shit and will not be reigned in to a list of responses.

My fear - not really; I don't give a shit - is that Oregon isn't really as bad as krisvashon thinks they are.

They got a little hosed on some questionable PAs at Lincoln, and they got absolutely horse-fucked on the substitution call that could well have changed the outcome of the game.

I get the sense that Brady is making some progress there and that they'll be competent on D at some point this season. Not good. Just competent.

Can't decide what to think of Prukop, other than telling D linemen to get their hands up on passing plays.

I wonder how long dummy will keep wantonly going for 2 pts. in games where it's clearly not there for them.

I'm not so sure the streak gets snapped this season. Maybe. Probably. But I've got this nagging feeling it won't be.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My biggest worry is whether there will be tickets available where the students used to sit for my group of 30.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passing offense (Janet Reno/Abundance)
    FYI Faggots: "Special" meant "Gay" in the restaurant biz way back, so a #Special year means a gay year. And haven't we had enough of those already?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016
    Coaching is a cop out answer, so the real answer is passing offense. I'm not worried about running the ball, we were fine at it last year with the same personnel. But I am worried about our pass game. We've torched the three special olympic teams we've played thus far, but Jake has yet to light up an above average defense. Chico and Ross have looked really good and are as electric as anyone in the country, but they're still midgets and we need a dependable, big-bodied receiver to add to the mix.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Coaching is a cop out answer, so the real answer is passing offense. I'm not worried about running the ball, we were fine at it last year with the same personnel. But I am worried about our pass game. We've torched the three special olympic teams we've played thus far, but Jake has yet to light up an above average defense. Chico and Ross have looked really good and are as electric as anyone in the country, but they're still midgets and we need a dependable, big-bodied receiver to add to the mix.

Coaching is a cop out answer. I hope we start locking kids in tool sheds for underperforming
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

My fear - not really; I don't give a shit - is that Oregon isn't really as bad as krisvashon thinks they are.

They got a little hosed on some questionable PAs at Lincoln, and they got absolutely horse-fucked on the substitution call that could well have changed the outcome of the game.

I get the sense that Brady is making some progress there and that they'll be competent on D at some point this season. Not good. Just competent.

Can't decide what to think of Prukop, other than telling D linemen to get their hands up on passing plays.

I wonder how long dummy will keep wantonly going for 2 pts. in games where it's clearly not there for them.

I'm not so sure the streak gets snapped this season. Maybe. Probably. But I've got this nagging feeling it won't be.

Who gives a shit about Oregon. They suck. They couldn't even beat the corpse of Nebraska, which is coached by the biggest pussy in college football. If we're half as good as the bandwagon media thinks we are, we'll roll them by at least 25. If we can't beat Oregon, then this is a 4-5 team and they need to add ten lanes of 520 to roll right through Husky Stadium.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Mathis or Psalm. Wouldn't you run right at em?
    Why run at them when you can waltz right by them?
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Who gives a shit about Oregon. They suck. They couldn't even beat the corpse of Nebraska, which is coached by the biggest pussy in college football. If we're half as good as the bandwagon media thinks we are, we'll roll them by at least 25. If we can't beat Oregon, then this is a 4-5 team and they need to add ten lanes of 520 to roll right through Husky Stadium.
    I know you're kidding around but the Seattle City council would toll the fucker to pay for the extra lanes and the goddamn debt of Husky Stadium.

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2016
    Swaye said:

The only correct answer is coaching, because it drives everything on that list except the schedule. If the run D sucks, it's coaching. If the pass O sucks, yep, also coaching. ST blows, you guessed it, coaching. It's all fucking coaching and if we go 5-4 this year it's because we have the wrong coaches. The end. Fuck.

So you're telling me if APAG isn't getting laid it's your fault as his coach?

Sometimes it comes down to execution, talent, and closing the fucking deal. No matter of proper coaching can attest to finishing the deal even if Jen is handed over on a silver platter.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Now if the question is what I am most afraid the coaches have/will fuck up, it's run offense/OL in general.

I thought the exact same thing as I read the poll. It's on the coaching and if there's one area that worries me because the coaches haven't done their job, it's the run game.

You and me, we should cyber sometime.
    How about now?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If a team runs and the table in conference play but nobody came to see it, did it really happen?