Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mad Son's Ramblings: Year Three is Prove-It Time for Petersen

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Rutgers didn't really sell out to stop the run. They were playing with 2 safeties back.

UW lineman just straight whiffed on some blocks (or weren't in sync with each other). It's concerning, but also the type of shit that can be cleaned up quick.

Either way it will be interesting

There were numerous snaps where Rutgers had all 11 defenders within 8-10 yards of the LOS.

When you are hitting as many bombs as we did, that tells you that the safeties are out of position to defend those and that's usually driven by their focus being on slowing down the run game.
    THIS.
    It was obvious as fuck Rutgers chief concern was defending the run game all day long. The passing game worked good enough, but there is still too much fuckery as Roady aptly points out. Could we just retire the toss sweep to McClatcher and the zero net yard fucking bubble screens? We should all expect a double-reverse flea-flicker that goes for 5 yards and injures a key player in game 2 or 3. Smiff is hard as a rock just thinking about it.
    Despite the fuckery, UW will win at least 9, because the O has improved enough to execute when they need to.
    The toss sweep to Gaskin is a vital cog in this offense. ESPECIALLY to the weakside. You know why buffer? Fuck no you have no idea. At least theres a few guys at dawgman that understand the x's and O's. Yous guys are the biggest collection of nimrods ive ever seen.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mad_Son said:

Mad Dog TSIO = Too Soon. Drink heavily and relax 'til game #4. Utterly meaningless games 'til then.

TSIO is 100% not the point...
    I'm a true nega dawg and fully believe we suck until proven otherwise, but I'm not dumb enough to complain about the beat down we put on Rutgers. The team dos what they had to do. We'll find out after the Arizona and Stanford games.
    Its Peter's 3rd year. If he goes 9-4 thats a big improvement. A coach shouldnt be judged till his 4th-5th year. Especially a complete overhaul of a program. Been saying for 2 years, anything that happens this year is a bonus and year ahead of schedule.

Enjoy the rebuilding process. Enjoy the games, the indibidual play. If Pete wins north he'll be consensus pac12 coach of year. And deservedly so.
    Going from 4-5 to 5-4 is a big improvement. Everybody says so.
    Baby steps Baabs. If u actually read on you'd notice why being patient is paramount. Charlie Strong didnt do it in 2 years either. It was evident his emphasis on a power downhill running game with a reliable passing game would work. Just didnt have the horses left over from Mack. He brilliantly moved Hurd to WR and brought in a true freshman qb who could actually complete a forward pass. Didnt Petersen do the same thing Babby? Now, coincidentally both teams are in the top 15. Coincidence it is not however. Just patience. Unfortunately most of you bonio's here have zero.
    Flagged for September rankings bullshit.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Rutgers didn't really sell out to stop the run. They were playing with 2 safeties back.

UW lineman just straight whiffed on some blocks (or weren't in sync with each other). It's concerning, but also the type of shit that can be cleaned up quick.

There were numerous snaps where Rutgers had all 11 defenders within 8-10 yards of the LOS.

When you are hitting as many bombs as we did, that tells you that the safeties are out of position to defend those and that's usually driven by their focus being on slowing down the run game.
    THIS.
    It was obvious as fuck Rutgers chief concern was defending the run game all day long. The passing game worked good enough, but there is still too much fuckery as Roady aptly points out. Could we just retire the toss sweep to McClatcher and the zero net yard fucking bubble screens? We should all expect a double-reverse flea-flicker that goes for 5 yards and injures a key player in game 2 or 3. Smiff is hard as a rock just thinking about it.
    Despite the fuckery, UW will win at least 9, because the O has improved enough to execute when they need to.
    The toss sweep to Gaskin is a vital cog in this offense. ESPECIALLY to the weakside. You know why buffer? Fuck no you have no idea. At least theres a few guys at dawgman that understand the x's and O's. Yous guys are the biggest collection of nimrods ive ever seen.
    Give my best to purpledoogfan
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Mad_Son said:

Mad Dog TSIO = Too Soon. Drink heavily and relax 'til game #4. Utterly meaningless games 'til then.

I'm a true nega dawg and fully believe we suck until proven otherwise, but I'm not dumb enough to complain about the beat down we put on Rutgers. The team dos what they had to do. We'll find out after the Arizona and Stanford games.
    Its Peter's 3rd year. If he goes 9-4 thats a big improvement. A coach shouldnt be judged till his 4th-5th year. Especially a complete overhaul of a program. Been saying for 2 years, anything that happens this year is a bonus and year ahead of schedule.

Enjoy the rebuilding process. Enjoy the games, the indibidual play. If Pete wins north he'll be consensus pac12 coach of year. And deservedly so.
    Baby steps Baabs. If u actually read on you'd notice why being patient is paramount. Charlie Strong didnt do it in 2 years either. It was evident his emphasis on a power downhill running game with a reliable passing game would work. Just didnt have the horses left over from Mack. He brilliantly moved Hurd to WR and brought in a true freshman qb who could actually complete a forward pass. Didnt Petersen do the same thing Babby? Now, coincidentally both teams are in the top 15. Coincidence it is not however. Just patience. Unfortunately most of you bonio's here have zero.
    UW's recent deficiency in the "Power Downhill Running Game"
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is so FS, I can't believe I read it . . . "Take away those special teams touch downs, and the three long passes in the first quarter and the final score is 13-13."

Yes, take away five touchdowns and the game was close. Excellent analysis of quarters 2-4 of game that was over after 15 minutes.

So tell Ross to fair catch a kick so Gaskin can grind down the field? Tell Browning not to check deep when Ross has man coverage?

There's nothing to take from this game except they beat a shitty team and backups played. Same for the next two weeks.

Call me when Stanford comes to town.

The point is there was nothing that demonstrated consistency. The point is that while the result was good it was not as dominating as it looks. The point is it had shown us no evidence of improvement. The point is Petersen has not proven he is the one yet.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,512
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016

Mad_Son said:

I'll take things Doog losers say for $1000, Alex.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    edited September 2016

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

THIS.
    I said McClatcher, not Gaskin, you shrill cunt. Get back on your meds, Puppy, or put your glasses on. As Andy Kaufman-like funny as you can be at times, you're obviously still batshit crazy like him too.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770

Mad_Son said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Puppy's back alright. Peacock proud. Full splendor. Here we go again.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969

Mad_Son said:

We elect presidents every four years. Why should a football coach get more time? Is it a harder job?
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

wtf'd for using coach effect.

Is this because you hate quantifying things and looking at more than the win-loss column? Do you hate trying to understand root cause and to figure out what the source of the failures are? Coach Effect is a perfectly valid angle to look at performance versus recruiting. There are caveats with that but most of us are capable of understanding them...
    I'd like SRS figured into the equation before I make any sort of determination.
  • Options
    NotTheCaseNotTheCase Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

This is so FS, I can't believe I read it . . . "Take away those special teams touch downs, and the three long passes in the first quarter and the final score is 13-13."

Yes, take away five touchdowns and the game was close. Excellent analysis of quarters 2-4 of game that was over after 15 minutes.

So tell Ross to fair catch a kick so Gaskin can grind down the field? Tell Browning not to check deep when Ross has man coverage?

There's nothing to take from this game except they beat a shitty team and backups played. Same for the next two weeks.

The point is there was nothing that demonstrated consistency. The point is that while the result was good it was not as dominating as it looks. The point is it had shown us no evidence of improvement. The point is Petersen has not proven he is the one yet.
    So I guess you'll be bitching after the next two games, because you can't prove anything against Idaho and PSU. Really, how much more than they blow out Rutgers?

Save your breath, drink a couple beers and realize you won't know shit about this team or coach until Stanford.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

So I guess you'll be bitching after the next two games, because you can't prove anything against Idaho and PSU. Really, how much more than they blow out Rutgers?

Save your breath, drink a couple beers and realize you won't know shit about this team or coach until Stanford.
    This wasn't complaining about the Rutgers game. It merely said that Petersen hasn't proven he can lead Washington to greatness and this is the season where it is time to evaluate him. We are one game into the season, we got the necessary win, but we have seen nothing to indicate he has actually transcended into the coach we need and that we will not see the issues that held us back last season.

Would you prefer I write an article saying the team looks like it had a lot of fun and who cares if the program never wins another game, there is always next year to worry about that?
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Everyone is so focused on measuring our true worth vs. Stanford. Just wait until Dick Rod finger blasts us in the desert. Another special season.

It seems most people have anointed Petersen as our savior already. We can no longer lose except to other top 10 teams. We are elite. Hooray!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

This wasn't complaining about the Rutgers game. It merely said that Petersen hasn't proven he can lead Washington to greatness and this is the season where it is time to evaluate him. We are one game into the season, we got the necessary win, but we have seen nothing to indicate he has actually transcended into the coach we need and that we will not see the issues that held us back last season.

Would you prefer I write an article saying the team looks like it had a lot of fun and who cares if the program never wins another game, there is always next year to worry about that?
    As I said earlier, shit article, shit poster.

The entire article is meaningless until the Arizona game
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

As I said earlier, shit article, shit poster.

The entire article is meaningless until the Arizona game
    No, it's not. You just don't get it. The need for Petersen to win ten games this year is valid from the day he was hired to the end of the season. He hasn't proven anything yet. The fact that you are fixated on not being able to learn anything against Rutgers is completely missing the point.