Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Dallas Morning News has endorsed Hillary Clinton

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

The bigger threat to Trump in Texas isn't Hillary but it's Gary Johnson. I know a lot of people that are going to vote 3rd party because they don't particularly like any candidate. What many people I know are battling is the idea that while they don't like Trump most people in Texas are of the mindset that they want Hillary nowhere near the office.

As for the Dallas Morning News, if you look at a map for where Democrats are going to be successful it is always in large urban areas. In Texas, you may find a larger percentage of people willing to support liberal policies but the rural areas are so large that it can't carry the state like it can in say Washington. Newspaper organizations in general are liberal to begin with and Dallas IMO is trying to be more and more like Austin than not. Now, if the Fort Worth Star Telegram endorses Hillary, then you may have something.

This issue that the message isn't playing well with the Hispanics in Texas is pretty funny to me. The issues that Trump talks about with respect to border security, illegal immigration, etc. are well felt in Texas and part of everyday life. IF there's a growth in the Democratic foothold in Texas, it's likely going to be driven more by the "immigration" to Texas for jobs, etc. from other parts of the country. For example, whereas Washington was a past generation place for California residents to head as they looked for cheaper alternatives to live, that's what is happening right now in Texas.

You and your fat zone defense playing friends aren't a representative sample.

HTH
    I'm more than 81% positive that I have Texas way more dialed in than you do ...

Also, you lose all credibility with your avatar being an Idaho Vandal helmet ...

Minor league program ...

Minor league poster
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

doogie said:

Everybody knows the Bush's and Ted Cruz support Hillary

This and every newspaper in Texas can endorse Clinton and Trump will still beat her by 10 points there. But is ozone a quook trying to make Doogs look bad?
    The point isn't that Clinton may win Texas (she doesn't need to), the point is that the largest paper in Texas is endorsing a Democrat for the first time in 75 years -- even a candidate as bad as Clinton -- because Trump is so much worse.
    Maybe to that newspaper, but the polls show a pretty tight race. You scared?
    Scared that Clinton is such a shitty candidate that there is a chance that a huge dumbfuck like Trump might get nuclear launch codes?

Fucking right I'm scared. Every thinking person is. Which is why Republicans in droves are supporting Clinton over Trump in this race.

A dumbfuck like Trump should be kept as far away as possible from the launch codes.
    My problem with Clinton is that she might share those nuclear launch codes with the barista down the street.
    The barista down the street would never be able to use them. Trump would.
    wooosh
    You whooshed yourself, by missing the point. As usual.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The bigger threat to Trump in Texas isn't Hillary but it's Gary Johnson. I know a lot of people that are going to vote 3rd party because they don't particularly like any candidate. What many people I know are battling is the idea that while they don't like Trump most people in Texas are of the mindset that they want Hillary nowhere near the office.

As for the Dallas Morning News, if you look at a map for where Democrats are going to be successful it is always in large urban areas. In Texas, you may find a larger percentage of people willing to support liberal policies but the rural areas are so large that it can't carry the state like it can in say Washington. Newspaper organizations in general are liberal to begin with and Dallas IMO is trying to be more and more like Austin than not. Now, if the Fort Worth Star Telegram endorses Hillary, then you may have something.

This issue that the message isn't playing well with the Hispanics in Texas is pretty funny to me. The issues that Trump talks about with respect to border security, illegal immigration, etc. are well felt in Texas and part of everyday life. IF there's a growth in the Democratic foothold in Texas, it's likely going to be driven more by the "immigration" to Texas for jobs, etc. from other parts of the country. For example, whereas Washington was a past generation place for California residents to head as they looked for cheaper alternatives to live, that's what is happening right now in Texas.

You and your fat zone defense playing friends aren't a representative sample.

HTH
    I'm more than 81% positive that I have Texas way more dialed in than you do ...

Also, you lose all credibility with your avatar being an Idaho Vandal helmet ...

Minor league program ...

Minor league poster
    Last time you shared annecdotal election insight "from your travels" you said trump would win. Now you say Gary Johnson might win Texas.

You need to accept the fact you're a moron.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Johnson is a moron
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

doogie said:

Everybody knows the Bush's and Ted Cruz support Hillary

This and every newspaper in Texas can endorse Clinton and Trump will still beat her by 10 points there. But is ozone a quook trying to make Doogs look bad?
    The point isn't that Clinton may win Texas (she doesn't need to), the point is that the largest paper in Texas is endorsing a Democrat for the first time in 75 years -- even a candidate as bad as Clinton -- because Trump is so much worse.
    Maybe to that newspaper, but the polls show a pretty tight race. You scared?
    Scared that Clinton is such a shitty candidate that there is a chance that a huge dumbfuck like Trump might get nuclear launch codes?

Fucking right I'm scared. Every thinking person is. Which is why Republicans in droves are supporting Clinton over Trump in this race.

A dumbfuck like Trump should be kept as far away as possible from the launch codes.
    I'd feel much safer with a whore like Clinton who will sell said launch codes to the highest bidder.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said: