Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Two kinda interesting observations from my weekend in Austin...

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
Austin is about as Liberal as you get in Texas, and I had two kinda interesting observations from there that weren't what I really expected:
1) After the game, every street vendors was selling 2 shirts (other than UT shirts). An "Austin Fucking Texas" shirt, and a "Hillary Sucks but not like Monica" shirt. No equivalent Trump shirts.

2) Talked for a while with a relative of a friend...he's a Jr. engineering student who works part time at a hydroponic store and was worried about the long-term impact of oil consumption, and his girlfriend who's (pretty hot and) non-technical major who among other things doesn't believe in deodorant or shaving. When it came to politics, they both thought Hillary was completely corrupt, with one probably voting Trump and one who liked Johnson but as far as voting was 'I'm not sure...I'm just going to go in and pick anyone but Hillary'.

Not a crowd I normally spend time with...thought it was kinda interesting and not really what I expected...

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Even though most Texans call it the "People's Republic of Austin", it still is Texas, no? So I'm not too terribly surprised there's pockets of Hillary hate.

Did you see any pro-Trump signs on the UT campus?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Only political signs I really saw were a few old Bernie ones, although I will say a couple (two) of them had Trump spray-painted over them.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Yeah - that's interesting.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    downvoted for lack of assless chaps.

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Austin is about as Liberal as you get in Texas, and I had two kinda interesting observations from there that weren't what I really expected:
    1) After the game, every street vendors was selling 2 shirts (other than UT shirts). An "Austin Fucking Texas" shirt, and a "Hillary Sucks but not like Monica" shirt. No equivalent Trump shirts.

2) Talked for a while with a relative of a friend...he's a Jr. engineering student who works part time at a hydroponic store and was worried about the long-term impact of oil consumption, and his girlfriend who's (pretty hot and) non-technical major who among other things doesn't believe in deodorant or shaving. When it came to politics, they both thought Hillary was completely corrupt, with one probably voting Trump and one who liked Johnson but as far as voting was 'I'm not sure...I'm just going to go in and pick anyone but Hillary'.

Not a crowd I normally spend time with...thought it was kinda interesting and not really what I expected...

It wasn't kinda interesting. At all.

HTH