Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Posted without comment

2»

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It got better but still pretty bleak. I got in just before kick off and there were thousands still in E1, and in line. Not a lot of urgency to watch Rutgers.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I kept pointing to the lack of fans in attendance, and my Dad and Sister (who I watch most the games with) kept saying "School hasn't even started yet. That's why there's hardly anyone there..."

What's sad is that they're both life-long Husky fans who have been to games dating back to the James era...it's like selective memory or something. Do they not remember sell out crowds for opening day opponents like Michigan?

Since the new stadium opened there's been one legit team to play here during the pre-student, pre-pac12 weeks and that was Boise St., which sold out. Schedule legit opponents, or prove that this team can win more than 7-8 games in a season, and people will show up. I guarantee it'll sell out when Michigan comes to town in 2020, but Woody gave us shit to work with as far as non-conference opponents.

But students aren't gonna fucking show up to watch a scrimmage against Rutgers on a big holiday weekend. Hell even Stanford couldn't fill their stadium against K-State because no students are their either. Unless you're playing a legit team, that's how the student section is going to look in early September no matter what. It's on Jen that the rest of the stadium wasn't filled, but I'm not blaming her for the lack of students.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

MelloDawg said:

My group decided to stay at Earl's and then casually saunter into the stadium at kickoff. There were people wandering in looking for their seats at the end of the 1st quarter.

Upvoted for Earl's.
    Old Earl's with the wood and chicken wire interior and the crazy old East German lady bartender>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new Earl's.

New Earl's is still alright though.
    When did New Earl's go into effect?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

I kept pointing to the lack of fans in attendance, and my Dad and Sister (who I watch most the games with) kept saying "School hasn't even started yet. That's why there's hardly anyone there..."

What's sad is that they're both life-long Husky fans who have been to games dating back to the James era...it's like selective memory or something. Do they not remember sell out crowds for opening day opponents like Michigan?

Since the new stadium opened there's been one legit team to play here during the pre-student, pre-pac12 weeks and that was Boise St., which sold out. Schedule legit opponents, or prove that this team can win more than 7-8 games in a season, and people will show up. I guarantee it'll sell out when Michigan comes to town in 2020, but Woody gave us shit to work with as far as non-conference opponents.

But students aren't gonna fucking show up to watch a scrimmage against Rutgers on a big holiday weekend. Hell even Stanford couldn't fill their stadium against K-State because no students are their either. Unless you're playing a legit team, that's how the student section is going to look in early September no matter what. It's on Jen that the rest of the stadium wasn't filled, but I'm not blaming her for the lack of students.
    wait, what? stanford never sells out unless ND is in town...and the stadium is at least 70% ND fans. they don't even sell out vs too-high cal

dumb comment sank your otherwise good post
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,115
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

I guarantee it'll sell out when Michigan comes to town in 2020

Duh. The place will be loaded with Michigan fans.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pawz said:

Half of my group was in their seats. I can see them in the picture. The other half was surely polishing off the poney keg

*were

*pony
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    We have 3 more seasons of B-C-C and B-B-Cs until Michigan comes to town in 2020.

Maybe the athletic department will look to upgrade the schedule before then. Swapping out BYU in 2018 and 2019 with a Wisconsin or Iowa would be a little more exciting.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2016
    HFNY said:

We have 3 more seasons of B-C-C and B-B-Cs until Michigan comes to town in 2020.

Maybe the athletic department will look to upgrade the schedule before then. Swapping out BYU in 2018 and 2019 with a Wisconsin or Iowa would be a little more exciting.

C-D-F schedules:

09/02 - at Rutgers
    09/09 - Montana
    09/16 - Fresno State

09/01 - North Dakota
    09/08 - Nevada
    09/29 - BYU

08/31 - Eastern Washington
    09/14 - Hawaii
    09/21 - at BYU
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,550
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

C-D-F schedules:

09/02 - at Rutgers
    09/09 - Montana
    09/16 - Fresno State

09/01 - North Dakota
    09/08 - Nevada
    09/29 - BYU

09/14 - Hawaii
    09/21 - at BYU
    Pure, undiluted dreck.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fair enough, fair enough.

HFNY said:

C-D-F schedules:

09/02 - at Rutgers
    09/09 - Montana
    09/16 - Fresno State

09/01 - North Dakota
    09/08 - Nevada
    09/29 - BYU

09/14 - Hawaii
    09/21 - at BYU
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm sure this week will be better.

I'm surprised those aren't below $10
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sadly BYU will fill the place.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I was actually shocked, shocked! when I saw the poor attendance.... while driving down I-5 going elsewhere.

Ellensburg?
    Game not in e-burg! I thought about going down to Portland, also about seeing the huskie game; in the end I just had a beer and watched it on TV.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hey Derek, put some respect on the Eags name.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Where's the picture of the zone? Seems like the touchdown terrace is rockin'.

• Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

HFNY said:

F-F-F schedules:

09/02 - at Rutgers
    09/09 - Montana
    09/16 - Fresno State

09/01 - North Dakota
    09/08 - Nevada
    09/29 - BYU

09/14 - Hawaii
    09/21 - at BYU