Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Libertarian Links

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Gary Johnson still hanging around. He's one big Hildabeast email dump away from big momentum:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/gary-johnson-isnt-fading/

Not all college students are FS. The race / gender merchants on the Left are seeing their movement begin to eat itself through absurdity:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-19/students-fight-back-against-political-correctness-rise-cultural-libertarianism

Comments

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    I might not mind libertarians so much if they weren't so intertwined with the Tea Party movement and didn't have such hard boners for Ayn Rand books.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You gotta get out more, read some more, and open your mind. Just as the left has tacked harder left and Trump is having his way with the Republicans, Libertarians have become more pragmatic.
    OZONE said:

I might not mind libertarians so much if they weren't so intertwined with the Tea Party movement and didn't have such hard boners for Ayn Rand books.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OZONE said:

If you are going to bash hard boners.....

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Gary Johnson still hanging around. He's one big Hildabeast email dump away from big momentum:

Not all college students are FS. The race / gender merchants on the Left are seeing their movement begin to eat itself through absurdity:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-19/students-fight-back-against-political-correctness-rise-cultural-libertarianism

William Weld is a Romney-demublican, establishment clone placed with Johnson as insurance just in case Hillary can't stay healthy enough to make it to the finish line in November.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

HFNY said:

William Weld is a Romney-demublican, establishment clone placed with Johnson as insurance just in case Hillary can't stay healthy enough to make it to the finish line in November.
    What the fuck did I just read?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Truth. Deal with it.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

You gotta get out more, read some more, and open your mind. Just as the left has tacked harder left and Trump is having his way with the Republicans, Libertarians have become more pragmatic.

OZONE said:

I've already read all of Ayn Rand's stuff (in high school). Now that she's dead, I don't think she is producing any more material. And she was the only original writer and thinker in the movement.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

HFNY said:

OZONE said:

I've already read all of Ayn Rand's stuff (in high school). Now that she's dead, I don't think she is producing any more material. And she was the only original writer and thinker in the movement.
    Wait, conservative principals were taught in high school? I thought schools were run by liberals?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

HFNY said:

OZONE said:

Wait, conservative principals were taught in high school? I thought schools were run by liberals?
    He didn't say taught, hth
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

Truth. Deal with it.

White trash post of the day!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

HFNY said:

OZONE said:

At my conservative high school we were taught the difference between principals (the administrator who ran the school) and principles (the fundamental tenets or beliefs).

• Options
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

HFNY said:

OZONE said:

Actually, her fiction books were on a reading list we had in 11th grade English Lit, so I read all 4. I read her non-fiction stuff after that. At the time, I didn't view it as conservative, I viewed it as atheist, so I really liked it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2016
    CSB: I've never read Ayanan Rand. Dat John Locke and Adam Smith doe...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    OZONE said:

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

HFNY said:

OZONE said:

Actually, her fiction books were on a reading list we had in 11th grade English Lit, so I read all 4. I read her non-fiction stuff after that. At the time, I didn't view it as conservative, I viewed it as atheist, so I really liked it.
    You sound edgy