Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FPI's chances to win each game

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The statistical models are terrible at picking up most of the intangible shit ...

That being said, the numbers in theory are directionally correct ...

At Arizona is considered a tough game because it is on the road early in the year (I agree that the numbers with Stanford should probably be switched here) ...

I'm assuming the Stanford numbers are reflecting the games that Stanford is coming off of + short week + travel/road game

Oregon's backward slide is predicated on 1) how much of a loss VAJ is and 2) the fact that they lost the balance of a poor defense

USC is probably the most talented team in the conference ... their talent is overrated when you factor in everything that goes around it ... their DL is going to kill them this year

ASU will likely out perform expectations this year and they are a mess for statistical models based on the way they play.

The models predict 9-10 wins which seems like a good baseline. However, when you look at the numbers, UW is a favorite in every game and when you really think about the talent in the conference and compare it to UW's, there shouldn't be a game that we go into this year (assuming health in key spots) where we are any worse than a coin flip.

Too many here are too busy thinking about the last 15 years and putting past failures on this team before they've proven anything one way or another. The fact is that if you go by the "expectations" for last season they outperformed. But there are some here that will predict UW to lose game after game as soon as they start winning simply because they won't believe.

@TierbsHsotBoobs @ThomasFremont @RaceBannon @RoadDawg55 you can all go ahead and start downvoting and WTF'ing this shit ... it's what you losers do
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

85% chance to beat ASU, who's beaten us 140041924 times in a row

el oh el

when did FPI hire Chest?

What's more relevant?

That in 2009 Sark gave up a hail Mary to end the game with apparently no safety in the game?

Or that ASU is awful and might win 4 games this year if they're lucky?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The statistical models are terrible at picking up most of the intangible shit ...

At Arizona is considered a tough game because it is on the road early in the year (I agree that the numbers with Stanford should probably be switched here) ...

I'm assuming the Stanford numbers are reflecting the games that Stanford is coming off of + short week + travel/road game

Oregon's backward slide is predicated on 1) how much of a loss VAJ is and 2) the fact that they lost the balance of a poor defense

USC is probably the most talented team in the conference ... their talent is overrated when you factor in everything that goes around it ... their DL is going to kill them this year

ASU will likely out perform expectations this year and they are a mess for statistical models based on the way they play.

The models predict 9-10 wins which seems like a good baseline. However, when you look at the numbers, UW is a favorite in every game and when you really think about the talent in the conference and compare it to UW's, there shouldn't be a game that we go into this year (assuming health in key spots) where we are any worse than a coin flip.

Too many here are too busy thinking about the last 15 years and putting past failures on this team before they've proven anything one way or another. The fact is that if you go by the "expectations" for last season they outperformed. But there are some here that will predict UW to lose game after game as soon as they start winning simply because they won't believe.

@TierbsHsotBoobs @ThomasFremont @RaceBannon @RoadDawg55 you can all go ahead and start downvoting and WTF'ing this shit ... it's what you losers do

That reverse psychology shit don't work on me bruh.
    None given ... predictable lemmings you guys are
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Fuck. You.
    Because a team with a Vegas O/U of 4 or 4.5 winning 6 games (7th in a bowl) isn't outperforming expectations

The fact of the matter is that if they go 11-1 this year you'll be pissed because of the game they lost and what that loss might cost them
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck. You.
    Because a team with a Vegas O/U of 4 or 4.5 winning 6 games (7th in a bowl) isn't outperforming expectations

The fact of the matter is that if they go 11-1 this year you'll be pissed because of the game they lost and what that loss might cost them
    Stop sucking off Vegas. It makes you sound dumber than usual.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck. You.

So the people that handle sports bets in the billions annually with a total win rate in their books easily in the 9 figure range (and growing each year) clearly have no idea what they are talking about per your fucktarded (as usual) logic

You can see the data here: http://gaming.unlv.edu/reports/longterm_nvgaming.pdf

I don't suck off Vegas ... but I understand how lines are set. They aren't always right ... but their ability to consistently make money year in and year out says that they must know what they are doing.

If you know better, then by all means go down to Vegas and you should have no problem taking advantage of their stupidity and make an easy living.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck. You.

So the people that handle sports bets in the billions annually with a total win rate in their books easily in the 9 figure range (and growing each year) clearly have no idea what they are talking about per your fucktarded (as usual) logic

I don't suck off Vegas ... but I understand how lines are set. They aren't always right ... but their ability to consistently make money year in and year out says that they must know what they are doing.

If you know better, then by all means go down to Vegas and you should have no problem taking advantage of their stupidity and make an easy living.
    Clearly not the case.

I never said Vegas wasn't smart or good at making money. So don't twist.

But they don't set lines to be right. They set lines to make a shit ton of money off degenerate fucking gamblers. They don't give a fuck if UW won 2.5 games more than the line they set as long as the count is right at the end of the season.

So when dumb fucks like you or HFNY quote Vegas lines as if they were handed down from Biff Tannen's sports almanac, you look like even bigger dumb fucks than usual.

HTH
    And you like to say that I'm dumb ...
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,143
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This thread is going to be even funnier when Rutgers pushes our shit in.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,807
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's that time of the year again for doogs . Jesus Christ
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

I scrolled directly to the FREE PUB at the end.

Normally that would get a chincredible but I had to scroll too far for that.
  • Options
    PM to @Tequilla:

The 2016 motto is "Shut the fuck up and win".

Get on bored with that or LEAVE
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck. You.

Lines are created by market forces. It's not the opening lines that are efficient it's the closing lines after the smart money has come in.

That being said regular season win totals are not a heavily bet market and are almost exclusively for suckers. If your model has an edge over the sportsbook why would you tie your money up for 5 months when you could be putting it to work every week?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I don't have a choice. I'm done assuming we suck again. We?
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

haie said:

I don't have a choice. I'm done assuming we suck again. We?
    I just want UW to lose at least for games so that you LEAVE.

Hurtful?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

So when dumb fucks like you or HFNY quote Vegas lines as if they were handed down from Biff Tannen's sports almanac, you look like even bigger dumb fucks than usual.